• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo no longer publishing Dungeon and Dragon

Altalazar

First Post
This just makes me ill. I almost feel like they just drowned my baby in their bathtub. Two of them. I have every single issue of both magazines. I love those magazines. I look forward to both every month like old friends, even though I don't necessarily have time to read them all the way through (though with Dungeon I wouldn't anyway unless I was running a module in case someone else wanted to run it).

I'm mad. I'm sad. And I'm not liking this one single bit. I'd have paid double the cover price just to keep it coming. Yes, I love them that much. Something is up at Wizards and it does not bode well.

Erik Mona said:
James Jacobs will become Editor-in-Chief of Pathfinder.
F. Wesley Schneider will become Associate Editor of Pathfinder.
James Sutter will become Assistant Editor of Pathfinder.

Jason Bulmahn will become the GameMastery Brand Manager, and will oversee that entire line of products.
Mike McArtor will become the Associate Editor for the GameMastery line.
Jeremy Walker will become the Assistant Editor for the GameMastery line, with a specific emphasis on our GameMastery Modules line.

Erik Mona is the publisher, overseeing the entire company's publishing efforts and managing the editorial staff.

I've also put in a major amount of work on our new campaign setting.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

Who's in charge of deciding who gets eaten in a blizzard? I can understand being caught unprepared once, but this is the kind of thing you should have in your Disaster Recover Plan now.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Punched in the gut is just the first stage of how many of us feel; upon hearing this announcement, we're all like a giraffe in quicksand.

Stage One: "This can't possibly be right. Seriously, the magazine's will be back before we know it. Right...heh.........

Stage Two: "Well this is just @#$%ing perfect! Stupid WotC! Stupid Hasbro! Mother @#$%! Mother @#$%! Mother @#$%!

Stage Three: "Dear God, please make WotC's online initiative fail so that they give the magazines back to Paizo, and I promise, I'll never, ever, fudge my ability score rolls again. Deal?"

Stage Four: "Waaaaaaaaaaahaaahaaahaaaaaagh!"

Stage Five: "I guess it's not the end of the world. Paizo is still going to be putting out great stuff, and we really don't know enough about WotC's online thingy to judge it one way or the other yet."

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
JoshuaFrost said:
Paizo's future is clear and exciting. How could I not be upbeat? :)

Josh,

Well I dunno about being upbeat, but at least two things are going for you, a new adventure path and helping Necromancer Games stay afloat.

JoshuaFrost

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Who's in charge of deciding who gets eaten in a blizzard? I can understand being caught unprepared once, but this is the kind of thing you should have in your Disaster Recover Plan now.

It falls to Phil Lacefield, Paizo's Sales Manager, to make these determinations. Its only fair, as he lost a leg to the last blizzard.

Darrell

First Post
JoshuaFrost said:
We've discussed the idea and I know its still on the table for 2008. Stay tuned to paizo.com/pathfinder for additional details.

I will do so, and will be awaiting any subsequent announcement with bated breath. :)

A setting developed by the assembled Paizo group is probably one of the only things that could tear me away from Greyhawk...at least, for a while. ;)

Regards,
Darrell

Remove ads