Paizo and Natural Pengu Partner Up

Paizo announced that they will be partnering with Natural Pengu for VTTs and actual plays. Paizo is partnering with Natural Pengu to bring a new virtual tabletop experience. They are aiming to simplify the world of tabletop roleplaying games for newbies and seasoned players alike, making it so you don't need to juggle multiple browser tabs or spend hours prepping your game. The beginning...

Paizo announced that they will be partnering with Natural Pengu for VTTs and actual plays.

pengu_gaming.jpg

Paizo is partnering with Natural Pengu to bring a new virtual tabletop experience. They are aiming to simplify the world of tabletop roleplaying games for newbies and seasoned players alike, making it so you don't need to juggle multiple browser tabs or spend hours prepping your game.

The beginning of this collaboration is the Player Core Toolkit, releasing on November 15th with early access to coincide with the release of the Remastered Pathfinder Core Books. The Toolkit aims to make character creation a breeze and is the first of three phases for the release of the full-fledged Natural Pengu VTT. Early access will be available for $1.99 a month, but customers who join the mailing list can get the Founder's Subscription plan for $.99 a month when it becomes available.

In addition to being a Virtual Tabletop, Natural Pengu also streams live play adventures and other content. They will be starting a new Pathfinder campaign very soon. Check them out on Twitch or on their YouTube channel!

Dawn Dalton

Dawn Dalton

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I had not heard of them either and their YouTube channel has 643 subscribers and twitch 511, maybe a new channel to check out the quality and entertainment going forward!

evildmguy

Explorer
I went to the link and found they don't have much content on the website. In fact, nothing but a sign up and links. I went to the YouTube channel and they have fourteen videos (and maybe that many shorts), so yes, a new YT channel, imo. I watched and found their "Bard in 4 minutes" a bit of a misnomer. Either they already knew the feats they wanted or they picked the feats entirely based on the name of it without any concern for what they do. I'm also curious if this means Paizo is going away from Hero Lab Online or branching out.

I also don't watch live play a lot, so none of their other videos interested me.

Also, another VTT? Isn't the market saturated enough to whittle it back down to five?

I'm a bit disappointed that no penguins are shown anywhere. The title reminded me of this one ;)
1699640070339.png

More seriously: I'm not sure if there's really room for another VTT in the market. At least not until it does something that's significantly different from previous offerings. And specifically for Paizo i had the impression that they are working closely with the Foundry developers, so I'm doubly confused what they plan here.

I'm a bit disappointed that no penguins are shown anywhere. The title reminded me of this one ;)
View attachment 324954

More seriously: I'm not sure if there's really room for another VTT in the market. At least not until it does something that's significantly different from previous offerings. And specifically for Paizo i had the impression that they are working closely with the Foundry developers, so I'm doubly confused what they plan here.
Yeah, that was the only Pengu I knew of!

Remove ads

Remove ads