• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pact Initiate Typo

Nytmare

David Jose
So in the write up of the feat it says that you get the at-will power of the pact you choose as an encounter power.

In the summary however, is says that you get eldritch blast as an encounter power.

I can't seem to find an official clarification anywhere.

Dausuul

Legend
So in the write up of the feat it says that you get the at-will power of the pact you choose as an encounter power.

In the summary however, is says that you get eldritch blast as an encounter power.

I can't seem to find an official clarification anywhere.

Well, assuming 4E follows the same principles that 3.X did on rules inconsistencies, the text description of any feat or ability takes precedence over the listing in a summary table. So you get the pact at-will, not eldritch blast.

Nytmare

David Jose
Ignoring the fact that the answer Customer Support sent me contradicts iteself:

Customer Service Charles said:
Whenever the quick reference in a table conflicts with the actual printed description, always go with the full description.

Pact Initiate allows the choice of a pact. You may take that pact's At-Will Power, or Eldritch Blast. Not both.

Remove ads