• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] This week's Buffy [WARNING SPOILERS!]

Methinkus

First Post
SPOILERS
I cant tell how I feel about this one. I never thought some punk with a gun would just run up and kill important characters. Part of me says “that hardly seems right. Why all the plotting and scheming? Why deal with magic at all? Why train a Slayer for a lifetime of work? One bullet is all it could take. That’s just not. . . . well, dramatic,” while at the same time I have to think “hmm, this should take care of some of the arrogance of the lead characters. Someone said in this episode, they never considered the three geeks a threat, well this is what you get from underestimating an opponent. I like that the writers can step out of the usual tone of the show and have some kid with a gun run up and kill random characters, keeps you on your toes. Life is fragile and all that,”

Whatever, it was a great episode, the ending was – clearly – VERY powerful. I’m more bothered by Tara getting shot then I was when I thought the world would end last season.

Other Guy

First Post
nemmerle said:
Yes, it was an excellent episode. . .

I just knew Tara was going to bite it, if only because they never bothered to put her in the opening credits but with a "featuring" or "also" title. . .

Not quite; they put her in the opening credits for this episode ;). In fact, that was the first thing I noticed watching it today.

It's too bad though. I was so happy with the way last week's episode ended. Those two were so adorable, and in the end it was like seeing a puppy get shot.

Still, next week should be loaded with fun. I hope this time they let Willow become the monstrously powerful force of evil that she deserves to be so much.

Crothian

First Post
Other Guy said:

Not quite; they put her in the opening credits for this episode ;). In fact, that was the first thing I noticed watching it today.

If you've seen the first season DVD on the audio commentary Josh says he wanted to do that in the first episode. But an actor in the main credits that was going to die in the episode. Glad to see he was finally able to do that.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
D'oh! Knew I forgot something (the SPOILER in the title of this thread). Ah, well...

Yeah, at the end there I could just see Willow's Sanity draining away like water through a sieve...

William Ronald

Explorer
Well, I think the episode shows how quickly life can be taken away and the horrific consequences of anger. These are real life issues, and I thought that the fact that the crime was committed as it would be in our world was appropriate.

The worst demons we face are the ones in our own souls. I have seen people who seemed determined to be their own worst enemies or determined to make everyone pay for their pain.

Life is precious and must be valued. This lesson has been shown in other Buffy episodes, especially where Joyce, Buffy's mom, died of a brain aneurysm.

Willow will likely become even worse than Warren in her vengeance. Vengeance can become all consuming and prove to be worthless. It never brings back a loved one.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
but... Willow brought back Buffy...

(( yes, yes, I know, one of the vital components of the Dark Resurrection spell was destroyed by those Biker Demons... ))

:p

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Don't count on Tara being dead.

In order to get Willow to go around the bend, she needs to think Tara is dead or dying ("Please, dark powers, I'll give you *anything* if she lives...").

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Okay folks spoil it for me. PLEASE tell me what happened since I don't get UPN, I'm pratically CLUELESS every time a new Buffy comes along.

*btw, the new Angel wasn't bad but I agree, seen better. Was a little surprised to see Holtz still alive. I figured he died of old age or what ever lives there in that Dark World place. Btw, was it just me or was that place just NOT scary. I mean I've seen worse on Hellraiser.*

Wormwood

Adventurer
Actually, the shooting does serve to underscore how Sunnydale is more like Toontown than real life.

Where are the guns?

While the chop-socky and crossbows may be all cinematic and stuff, I simply fail to see why more vampires don't pack heat. I don't care how good the slayer's kung-fu is, glock-fu would beat it every time.

Bang. New slayer. Bang. New slayer. Like winning a teddy bear at a carnival.

Actually, the Scoobs may consider strapping on the irons (after proper instruction and training, of course). While a shotgun may not kill a vampire, it's probably more effective than Zander's lame right hook.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads