• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT - SW2) Star Wars AotC already pirated

reapersaurus

Explorer
My friend has a friend that gets bootleg movies.

He says he already has a copy of Star Wars 2 Attack of the Clones.

pretty soon, the bootleggers will be getting a copy before the director sees the dailies. :)

Acmite

First Post
I'm not surprised

Spiderman was available on IRC and usenet almost a week early, and I saw Star Wars posted a couple days ago.

For movies like that, though, I don't understand the point. Hmmmm......watch a crappy Thai Screener/Cam Vid on my computer a week early, or enjoy the full splendor of a digital screen and THX sound with my friends in the theatre for ~$12.

It seems an easy choice for me, anyway.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
I know I wouldn't go to the trouble of downloading a bootleg, but then I'm on 56k modem with a connection that usually only hits 24.6k, so it would be nearly impossible anyway.

On the upside, I doubt the bootlegs hurt boxoffice sales. Anyone who wants to see a movie badly enough to get the bootleg will probably go ahead and see it in the theaters as well.

Lady Starhawk

First Post
Mel Brooks may just have had it right in Spaceballs:

Instant casettes, they're out in stores before the picture is finished:)

Some day it might be true.

(I work at Target and every day I think "Merchandicing, merchandicing, how the real money from the movie is made"
:p )

Laters,
Lady Starhawk

KnowTheToe

First Post
I don't understand why anyone would want to see the bootleg. Oh gee, you got to see a crappy version of the movie before it came out. Nothing like recking the combination of great visual and audio effect when combines with a fresh story line. They should watch it in fast forward as well, then they can say they saw it in half the time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads