• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Lotr:FotR is now an Oscar winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
A fantasy movie never has or will win an oscar... a love story type film always wins best picture... its sucks but its true... I felt LOTR got jipped... especially for Ian for support actor and best song...

Well there is always the MTV awards, where the good movies actually win.

Hey the oscars had that Ben Stillar/ Owen Wilson rip off clip, maybe next year they'll steal the good movies win idea!

PenguinKing

First Post
kkoie said:
[BI changed the channel when Halle Barry started balling[/B]
I think you mean "bawling".

(Tho' Halle Barry balling on stage might actually be worth seeing, depending on who else is involved. ;) )

- Sir Bob.

P.S. Nih!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I can hear the posts now...

Everyone screaming "LotR was ROBBED!" And it was. I mean let's face it. IF Holywood or uhm Hollywood is SERIOUS about good films, and rewarding them, they need to look over what they chose at least in more than THREE catagories. My god...

I just hope there's some rioting tonight...

Phoenix8008

First Post
AAARGGHHH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Okay, now my best hope is that it will get what it deserves after Return of the King. Maybe they will honor it once the whole thing is complete. :confused:

Squire James

First Post
I have to note that a solid second place is not bad, especially given the competition LoTR:FR had to face in just about every category. Quasi-historical movies always seem to have the edge when the Motion Picture Academy is judging things, and at least we didn't lose to M. Rouge or (ye gods) Gosford Park!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Heh. Rioting. That'll be effective.

A Million Nerd March comes collectively out of their darkened basements, blinking in the sunlight, carrying authentic swords and dressed as various Star Wars characters. They approach a car, try for a minute to push it over, and then walk, breathless, back to the basement to quote The Simpsons to each other on message boards. :)

Worst Award Show Ever

Okay, that's not true. It was worse when Titanic one every-friggin'-thing.

But Beautiful Mind for Adapted Screenplay?! That's one I *didn't* expect them to win. :)

rounser

First Post
Oh, come off it - in a truly "faithful" adaption, The Fellowship of the Ring would have been a musical.

"There is an inn, a merry old inn..." ;)

Baz Luhrman should have directed it!

Moulin Mordor! Lord of the Rouge! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads