• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Angel

A2Z

Explorer
Fred looked cute. :D

SPOILERS

And Wesley went home all alone because Fred warned him never to return to the hotel or Angel would kill him. Gunn almost lost his soul to a demon because of a pact he made when he was seventeen so he could get a... truck (yep). Angel killed the demon and saved him. Cordy and Gru returened and Angel accepted Connor's loss. Life goes back to somewhat normal.

Not too much of the mega-plot was dealt with in this episode. It was more of a tying up loose ends sort of episode. Not bad but I was expecting to see a little more about Wes. I really don't know what's going to happen with him.

Crothian

First Post
There wasn't much mega plot, but this was Fred's episode. The character has copme a long way. It was a good episode. Next week's looks interesting.

Zerovoid

First Post
This seemed to be Gunn's episode much more than Fred's episode. It wasn't as cool as a lot of the recent episdes, but was good none the less.

I'm confused as to why the guy sucks your soul out through your eyes, killing you. I figure, if you sell you soul, you should at least get to keep your body. In most other literature, selling your soul means you get good stuff in your mortal life, but then you go to hell or something.

Negative Zero

First Post
Joss has made it pretty clear that they've deliberately set out to make their own mythology. with all the attention to other details in the series, i'd say that one of two things could have happened here:

1.> they actually had a good reason for doing it that way, and we just don't know what it is (maybe yet). remember the big deal with Dawn on Buffy, i know i wasn't the only one to eat my "a sister! what crap is this!" :)

2.> it was a budgeting or simplicity thing. either it was cheaper to do it that way, or simpler to not have to deal with the huge number of soulless people wandering LA ... maybe he didn't want that much relaism :D

Crothian

First Post
The eyes are the window to a person's soul.

I called it Fred's episode because she took steps and did some very un Fred like things. She comfronted Wesley. She convinced the others Gunn was in trouble based on the fact he broke up with her. Sure, the plot was mostly Gunn's, but it was Fred's character who grew.

uv23

First Post
I thought it was a pretty wak episode. You didn't miss much. Then again I'm a story arc fascist and I generally tend to dislike episodes that don't tie in to a series' bigger picture storyline.

Crothian

First Post
uv23 said:
I thought it was a pretty wak episode. You didn't miss much. Then again I'm a story arc fascist and I generally tend to dislike episodes that don't tie in to a series' bigger picture storyline.

I like those types of shows, but you need the filler episodes. If not people will miss and episode or two and be totally lost.

Shallown

First Post
I liked Fred in this one. You got to see a little more of the type of person who survives in an alien world for years by herself. I am glad the trauma of coming home has passed for her. It was neccessary to be realistic. I hate shows when the person has some huge trauma and next week all is well.

I get depressed thinking about Wesley. I use to hate wes but now he has come a million miles. I was more shocked by Fred tearing him up at the hospital, she handled it well till the end when she told him about the truth of the prophesy I think she was just being cruel.

This Show is just great. I wish other shows had this sort of well thought out stories and characters

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads