• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Origins] Single-day prices? Hotels? Help?

drnuncheon

Explorer
True confessions time:

I've never been to a really big con. I think the biggest one I've ever made it to was the first Otakon, back when it was still in State College, and there's not much here locally - the sci-fi con, Confluence, is pretty small.

But, it looks like we (which is to say, the wife and I) might be able to make it to Origins this year.

Trouble is, the Origins website is none too informative. We're not looking to stay the whole time - probably just Friday and Saturday - but the only registration prices they have are for the 4 day, Early Bird reservations, and there's no information on accomodations or any of the other stuff that one might expect to find at a con's website.

I figure there might be one or two people here who have been.

So...what are the day-ticket prices likely to be? Where are good places to stay, and where should we avoid? What kind of prices are we looking at for a hotel room?

Share your wisdom, ENWorld!

Crothian

First Post
right now they are just listing the early early bird prices, I imagine in the next few weeks to a month all the preregistration stuff should be there. As for hotels, you want the Hyatt, it is directly connected to the convention center.

IronWolf

blank
If the site is anything like it was last year there will be more information showing up at their website. It still appears to be a work in progress at this point with bits and pieces being added as days pass. Keep checking back as the time draws closer and you should see more information pop up.

As for Hotel prices the Hotel Page does appear to have been updated:

http://www.originsgames.com/index.pl/hotel_accom

That will have hotel prices and the code to use when booking a room to get the convention discount.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads