• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oriental Adv. Kusari-Gama

Koewn

Explorer
I'm hoping there's a statute of limitations on asking for something out of such an old book.

Anyone have the stats on the Kusari-Gama from Oriental Adventures? It's the ball/sickle spiked-chain sort of thing? (double weapon without reach, single weapon with reach)

I've gotten as far as this off random googles:

Large, Double (without reach), Single (with reach, your choice of ends)

1d6/1d4 slashing/bludgeoning

Don't know crit values, or if it has anything special (tripping, disarming).

Thanks!

Koewn

Ender_rpm

First Post
Crit for bludgeoning end is X2, kama end is 19-20 x2. You can trip or disarm with it, and it can also be used as a grappnel and short rope for climbing. Very cool weapon.

Pazu

First Post
I think that the v3.5 DMG had some stats for the kusari-gama in the variant campaign section, but it was pretty severely nerfed relative to the 3.0 OA version...

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Yah, 3.5 DMG version is, IIRC, 1d6/19-20 x2, one-hand, Reach, and the usual chain weapon bonuses to do stuff.

This means that you can, in fact, dual wield them. Which has a certain appeal, honestly.

Brad

Pazu

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
Yah, 3.5 DMG version is, IIRC, 1d6/19-20 x2, one-hand, Reach, and the usual chain weapon bonuses to do stuff.

This means that you can, in fact, dual wield them. Which has a certain appeal, honestly.

True enough, but I miss the ability to bludgeon someone with the weighted end. I prefer the two-handed version, myself.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads