• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Thread for: Warriors of Dawn, Knights of Twilight

Hi everyone, Warriors of Dawn, Knights of Twilight is the name for the IC PBP Game I will be starting up soon. Sorry but the position slots are filled until further notice. The current party roster goes as follows:

-Creamsteak
-GnomeWorks
-Kalanyr
-Darkwolf
-Dalamar
-Mr. Draco
-Jarval
-Zack2216
-Deedlit

Rules for the Character Creation are as Follows:

-Characters are ECL 8, those wishing to play non-standard races or monsters should e-mail me (whisper_the_tiefling@yahoo.com), or go to the #IR Chatroom (see below) for my rulings on the ECL.
-Characters will be created via Point Buy, with 36 points to arrange as they choose. Characters receive maximum hit points per hit die.
-Starting wealth for characters is equal to 9th level characters (36,000 gold)
-Each character will receive a minor artifact or similar item/power granted to them from the start based on their character's personality/class, etc..., any specific ideas email me, but note that overpowering ones will be turned down.
-Things from the following sources may be used (some things may be banned or changed if too overpowering however): Core Rulebooks, Class Splatbooks, Psionics Handbook, Manual of the Planes, Deities and Demigods, Oriental Adventures, Rokugan, Forgotten Realms Campaign Sourcebook, Magic of Faerun, Lords of Darkness, Monsters of Faerun, Relics and Rituals I and II, Book of Vile Darkness, Monster Manual 2, Spells and Spellcraft-any other material must be stated sourcewise and be typed and sent to me for approval.
-Custom and Specialized Classes will be allowed, they must follow a concept and be approved by the DM, however I will usually ask for several compromises.
-No more than 2 Evil characters in the party (GnomeWorks has filled one of the positions, the second is still remaining)

Our 'official' chatroom will be #IR on Psionics.net, almost anyone can use the java version up above on the links (Chatroom, to the left of User CP), after clicking join type /join #IR and you'll be sent to the room. I'm usually there for several hours of the day.

For combat battles, I will try my best to update once every 2 days, I understand that some people might not be able to access their computer, and for this reason, when they post their character in the thread at the Rogues Gallery (Link to be posted soon as I make the thread), they are to include an Autopilot Action List. This may be of three contingencies of the player's choosing, (Example: Use a healing spell if anyone is injured below half health, healing the closest to dying.)

If any of these rules are confusing please post so. Also, post any questions, comments, etc... here (Note that I am developing the world and plot still a bit).

Edit-We will also be using a Fate Point system too.

Feat:
Fated (General)
Prerequisites: None
Benefit: You gain 2 Fate points per Chapter (thread reaches 200 posts or until I decide, usually when a major plot is finished)
Special: This may be taken only at 1st level.

What do Fate Points do?
For 1 Fate Point:
-Reroll one save or attack.
-Regain 5 hitpoints at any time (can be used to prevent dying if you're not reduced to -15 hitpoints or below)
-Regain a single spell cast or spell level expended.
-Reduce the extra damage taken from a critical hit to what it would be normally.
-Reroll Combat Initiative.

For 2 Fate Points:
-Gain an extra partial action, this stacks with haste
-Automatically suceed a save
-Regain 15 hitpoints at any time (can be used to prevent dying if you're not reduced to -25 hitpoints or below)

For 3 Fate Points:
-Ignore the negative level normally lost from a Raise Dead or similar spell.

All such usages of Fate Points are Free Actions. No more than 1 Fate Point may be expended in a given round.

Note: Fate Points will also be gained via various other ways, including helping the DM (For this reason, Darkwolf's character gains 2 extra Fate Points from the start for helping me think of this game's name). Fate Points may be gained regardless if you have the Fated feat or not.

*Update* I decided you gain +1 Fate point when beating a foe considered to be a "Boss" monster or character.

Notice-Updated the list to include Relics and Rituals II, 1 spot for an evil alignment is opened since Kalanyr has dropped his succubus idea so far.

Last edited:

Spell Erratta:

Harm-Gives Will Save (partial), on a successful save deals as much as an Inflict Critical Wounds spell would, although this cannot reduce an opponent below 4 hitpoints.
Heal-Same as Harm vs. Undead Creatures

The Following Spells are Limited:
Planeshift (Only to either the main world and/or the world the spellcaster/creature came from, so a demon can planeshift only to the main world or to the abyss)

The Following Spells Do Not Exist:
Antimagic Field
Astral Projection
Etheral Jaunt
Plane Shift
Shadow Walk

-Those, and other similar Planar-traveling spells do not exist in the campaign, very little planar traveling will be going on. I also dislike antimagic field and the complications it may possibly cause.

This list may be edited some more a bit.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Posted my character and his cohort. I'm thinking female cleric for her, but I have some questions regarding her stats.

I used 25 point buy for my cohort, is that correct?
Can I drop the extra domain spells per day, and drop spontaneously casting cure spells, in order to cast domain spells spontaneously (a variant I see often used)?
Speaking of that, Domain lists?
I did not purchase a primary longsword for known reasons, so I'll just wait for the stats to drop into my hand.
And for background, I will need some walk-through.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
I've got a couple of questions:

1) Sollir, do you get Dragon Magazine?

2) If you do, how would you feel about me playing a Cansin (a planetouched race, only Chaotic rather than good or evil)? How do you feel about planetouched races in general?

3) Do characters start with any Fate Points? (A very nice system BTW, one I'll be borrowing for my own games :))

4) What deities are you using? And what domains are available to clerics?

5) Do we get extra ability score points at 4th and 8th levels, or is that already included in the 36 points at character creation?

I'm going away for a couple of days starting Monday. I should be back Wednesday or Thursday. I hope this doesn't cause a problem.

My character idea is currently a Cansin sorcerer, but I'll be willing to change if needed.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jarval said:
2) If you do, how would you feel about me playing a Cansin (a planetouched race, only Chaotic rather than good or evil)? How do you feel about planetouched races in general?

That's almost funny... I'm playing a cansin, as well.

Creamsteak:
1) Use 28 point buy instead of 25.
2) Never heard of it, although there is a PrC in Faiths and Pantheons that has the same ability. Rule 0-You can pick a single domain, this is to prevent someone with the domains of Healing and Magic to benefit doubly.
3) I'll post it later tonight when I have more time.
4)-5) Very well, I'll talk to you about a background in chat then.

Jarval:

1) Yes, currently I only have issues 280-299, with just a few missing.
2) Normally I would, but GnomeWorks is already playing a Cansin, and I would like to have players mostly be unique in their choices when they're non-standard.
3) Thanks! All characters will start with 1 extra fate point, regardless if they have the feat or not.
4) I'll post it later tonight when I have more time.
5) Yes, you get extra ability scores at 4th and 8th

Edit-Also, note that sorcerors IMC can gain a metamagic/item creation feat at levels 5, 10, 15, and 20, they also can swap out 2 class skills for non-class skills (exception-no trading for Trained Only skills). These abilities or others could possibly swapped for another bonus if you want a slightly customized sorceror class.

Mr. Draco:

You have to spend a feat but all characters will start with 1 extra fate point, regardless if they have the feat or not.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Since I'm pretty close to a Quarter-Celestial, will my type remain humanoid, or will I become an Outsider?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads