• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Baptism by Fire_FULL

Helmsman01

Explorer
I was just about to ask if the large goat took up a 10'x10' square? That would be way big, so lets say 5'x10' about pony/mule size I guess

Right Taran it hits hard but what really makes it better I think is it has over twice the HP

So I'm ok with it, go for it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It just fights better! Also, just my 2cents, I know it’s just semantics but I think your multi attack should be a ram and a hoof attack, even if they do the same damage.
That's how I wrote it the first time! But I turned it to two rams just for simplicity with the idea that I'd fluff the old mountain goat ram & kick.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I was just about to ask if the large goat took up a 10'x10' square? That would be way big, so lets say 5'x10' about pony/mule size I guess

Right Taran it hits hard but what really makes it better I think is it has over twice the HP

So I'm ok with it, go for it.

5e tends to keep things square. Let's just say that he fits big in a 5' square. (I do it with beefier-types on my maps). I could give him "powerful build" (which basically keeps him size-medium but gives him the carrying capacity of a large creature).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
How's this?

Mardoc as Mountain Goat at CR 1
Medium Beast

Armor Class 11
Hit Points 30 (4d8+12)
Speed 40 ft., Climb 30 ft.

STR 17 (+3) DEX 13 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 11 (+0) WIS 16 (+3) CHA 7 (-2)

Charge. If Mardoc moves at lest 20 ft. straight toward a target & hits it with a ram attack, the target takes an extra 2d6 bludgeoning damage & it must make a DC 13 STR save or be knocked prone.

Powerful Build. Mardoc can carry 510 lbs. & drag 1020 lbs.

Sure-Footed. Mardoc has advantage on STR & DEX saves against effects that would knock him prone.

Actions
Multiattack.
Mardoc makes two attacks. One ram attack & one hooves attack.
Ram. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6+3 bludgeoning damage.
Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads