• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E One Shot: Legends are Made, not Born (IC)

tglassy

Adventurer
Badger took a breath, pulled a flask from his pouch and downed a bit, before saying, in a much clearer tone, "Help us secure the prisoners, or I make your life hell."

Sent from my iPad using EN World

hafrogman

Adventurer
Hassan frowns a little bit at the hobgoblin's words, but isn't quite sure what to make of this all. Still, it was clear the townsfolk weren't here. If the shepherd was to be trusted (and he wasn't), then now was the time to make their move. But also, getting trapped in the cave by a returning ogre would serve no purpose at all. He should go now, and hope that Badger didn't bring the ogre storming back prematurely. He starts out a few steps back over the hill before turning back for a second. "And when, exactly, do you expect Blogg back?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Great, you be chasin' away the sheep," Snorri mutters, rolling his eyes.

The dwarf is all set to yell at Badger when Hassan starts asking a good question. When will the ogre be back?

Snorri holds his tongue, instead waiting for the shepherds answer.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Gurt.jpg The hobgoblin doesn't understand which prisoners the mage is talking about, and wonders why he should help tie himself up.

"Blogg is where he always is this days, in Skulltop."
the hobgoblin says watching the escaping sheep with a forlorn expression. "Now I got to chase all of them down." *sigh*

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Leilara rhythmicall says, "Let us leave the sleepy shepherd be, while sneak in the lower entrance we." She then looks embarrassed. "Sorry I kinda tried to force the rhyme there but there is something..."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg

Skulltop Hillock
Morning

Milady winced behind her mask as Badger sent up another gout of fire, and watched the sheep run off.

“So the ogre is in the cave,” Milady noted. “I suppose it would have been too convenient to arrive at a time when he was out on his weekly market run,” she said with a sigh. “How do you wish to proceede?” she asked the others as they made their way back over the hill. “Let’s check if there are any other entrances than the big one with the stone.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:.
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 40
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
The hobgoblin starts to look pale as the situation dawns on him. Then Leilara speaks and his brow farrows,

View attachment 88434 "I could be, I just didn't like all the stupid drilling and exercising. I got it good here, nobody telling me what to do... sept Blogg."

Still sitting as the group looms over him he points down to the base of the hill, behind the skull. "You wannae save those town folk, you can get into the cave unnoticed there. But I would be in and out before Blogg notices you."

OOC: Back entrance noted, bring it up a page.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Hassan shrugs and nods. "It is a solid plan. I was concerned about being trapped by that rock, or the ogre, or both. But if there is another way in and out... well then, we should get a move on." He shoulders his glaive and starts off towards the back entrance.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2j34izt.jpg

Skulltop Hillock
Morning

“If there is a back way in, should we provide a distraction at the front entrance?” Milady asked. “Perhaps our wizard friend could blow something up, start a brush fire, roast some sheep? Something to keep the ogre’s attention out front while we get the townspeople out the back. How are you at pretending to be an ogress in heat?” she asked Badger.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:.
Bonus Action:
Free Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Milady’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 15
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Init: +3
PP: 10
PI: 12
Bolts: 40
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+1)
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Snorri can't help but blush at the words coming out of Milady's mouth. Ogress in heat? In his mind's eye, there is no ogress but the dwarf is definitely hot...

Shaking his head to try and rid himself of those distracting thoughts, Snorri says, "Right, the wizard creates a diversion, so we will get ready to enter the lair. Let's go!"

Not waiting for the others and, in fact, not trusting himself to look at Milady without forgetting the plan altogether, the dwarf starts moving towards the back entrance, trying to stay out of sight.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads