• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oldskool Art - Emmanuel

ilgatto

How inconvenient
Looking into the artwork as featured in early White Dwarf Magazines (e.g., cover wd34, cover wd40; perhaps the faerie denizens in wd38?), I've come across an artist that is only known as Emmanuel. A somewhat extended search on the www led to precious little information, most notably that he was responsible for the cover of the 1E Fiend Folio (which I always thought was Russ but never mind).

Can anyone tell me anything about him?

ilgatto

How inconvenient
Thanks. However, it seems to me that both Russ and "raoul-manu" deny that the Emmanuel in the post has anything to do with the Emmanuel of WD fame (Russ says: "I'll be posting the work of Emmanuel [no relation to any illustrator] whom..."; and manu_raoul says: "Hello, I'm Emmanuel (well, not the one of the chaos citadel cover...")). Also, and I could be wrong, isn't the style of manu-raoul's drawings in the post more like Russ than Emmanuel?

Am I missing some inside joke or who is who?

Last edited:

Remove ads