• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OGL, Path of The Sword and Natural D20 Press

Garmorn

Explorer
FFG is using the Natual D20's "Jousting Tournaments" OGL section in Path of The Sword. First, I think this is great news for Natural D20 Press. The exposure will be greater then they could have gotten on their own. Second I am wonder if this might be the forshadowing of stuff to come. Lots of the Path of The Sword is OGL including a large amount of non rule material.

Any way I want to say thanks to FFG for using the OGL to such a extent. I have already maked you as a publisher I liked, but this has put you as my favorite, even over WoTC stuff.

For the record, it's Natural 20 Press, not Natural d20 Press. What's Path of the Sword? I wasn't aware of this.

Hey, thanks for the head's up, but as for it being more exposure than we'd otherwise get, that might not be true. Mystic Eye Games is actually going to be doing a print version of Tournaments, Fairs, & Taverns.

Crothian

First Post
RangerWickett said:
What's Path of the Sword? I wasn't aware of this.

FFG's book on Monks, Barbarian, Rangers, and Fighters. It's a pretty good book. They do have a lot of prestige classes, but they give you more information on what the prestige class is and orginizations for them. It'll make using them more seemless in ones games I think.

d20Dwarf

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
For the record, it's Natural 20 Press, not Natural d20 Press. What's Path of the Sword? I wasn't aware of this.

Hey, thanks for the head's up, but as for it being more exposure than we'd otherwise get, that might not be true. Mystic Eye Games is actually going to be doing a print version of Tournaments, Fairs, & Taverns.

Sorry dude, I let Morrus know, so I figured he would tell you. :) It was also announced on the front page of EN World when the book shipped. :)

Thanks for the kind words, Garmorn!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yup, it's fairly cool. I haven't actually seen the book yet, so I don't know how much of it hey used or what they did with it exactly, but it's nice to see your OGC being used! :)

A couple of other publishers will be using OGC from that book, too. I can't remember them all offhand, but the tournament rules are being used again, and the drinking rules are being used.

Mathematics not your strong point, eh, Ryan? For the record, 2 is a larger number than 1. ;)

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I just bought Path of the Sword today, and it rocks, pure and simple. It's better than the WotC splatbooks, IMHO, and better than Quintessential Fighter too. In fact, I'll be recommending it to two of the players in my game as a must purchase. One is a straight up fighter, and the other is a sorcerer/fighter.

This book makes me want to play a fighter for the first time in my life. Sadly, I'm not a player in any games, and don't see that changing anytime soon.

Garmorn

Explorer
Morrus said:
So, out of curiosity, how much of our OGC got used?

Right Natural 20 Press. Sorry that is the way my faulty memory works. No wonder I never went to collage.

They use 10 pages of it including about 2 pages of art. Now that I have had a chance to read that section I have added to my short list of must by stuff. :cool:

When is the print version of TF&T coming out? I hate PDF mainly because I can lose files by looking at my computer. :eek:

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads