• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Odd combo from martial power I need help verifying...

Runestar

First Post
Forked from the gleemax forums.

The Warmaster's Level 30 ability allows him to use any number of action points. He's not even limited to "one AP per round"

Warmaster level 24 says when the Warmaster uses an action point to take an action, an ally within 5 can also take an extra action on their next turn.

And there is a paragon path that says when you spend an action point for a move action, gain another action point instantly.

So, everyone on his side except him gets infinite actions of their choice.

?????

FireLance

Legend
If I had to find a more-or-less RAW way to manage that, I could argue that multiple effects don't stack, so each ally can take at most one extra action on their next turn.

Still doesn't solve the problem of the character having an infinite move, though.

AndItsAllGone

First Post
I'm looking at the book now, and there's no Warlord paragon path that says anything like you get a free action point if you use one for a move action. The closest thing is the Dujun of Erathis paragon path, which has an 11th level feature called Organizing Action. It lets you spend an action point to grant each ally who can see and hear you an extra move action, instead of taking an action yourself. I think whoever started the rumor of this combo either misread or is just trying to start some controversy before the majority of players have the book in their hands.

AndItsAllGone

First Post
I see. You're right, the Horizon Walker indeed has that feature. But how would it work? You have to be a Ranger to take Horizon Walker, and you have to be a Warlord to take Warmaster. I guess I'm not seeing how this combo could be possible.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I see. You're right, the Horizon Walker indeed has that feature. But how would it work? You have to be a Ranger to take Horizon Walker, and you have to be a Warlord to take Warmaster. I guess I'm not seeing how this combo could be possible.

A multiclass feat makes you a member of that class for purposes of paragon paths. So, you could be a warlord multiclassed into ranger and do this.

Larrin

Entropic Good
In some ways, its a case of "Epic IS absurd". You're level 30. You're an action point fiend, and a horizen walker, why can't you just move where ever you want? Its silly, and it even beats the 'dragonborn demigod 3 dragon breaths per round forever' for sillyness, but in some ways it fits. If you're level 30, i'm betting unlimeted movement is slightly less powerful then it may initially sound.

The 'everyone get infinite actions' is the big problem, and as was suggested limiting it to not stacking is probably the right way to go, Though it could still mean everyone gets 2 standard actions per turn forever. Perhaps you could even require they take the same sort of action the warmaster took if you REALLY find it being a problem.

So yes, its silly,and will certainly over power things, but it will only ever happen at level 30, when you're supposed to be doing this anyway. I think it would have been best if the designers hadn't left this little loophole in, but its in the best possible place for horrible little loopholes to live.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads