• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nostalgia Edition...

Scribble

First Post
I was in Target yesterday, and I came acorss the Nostalgia editions of Risk, Monopoly, Clue, and a few others...

Made me wonder... Would you be interested in a Nostolgia Edition of D&D?

Maybe one per edition? It would have like the main rules, and PHB, and monsters... No further support, just a stand alone thing.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Would you be interested in a Nostolgia Edition of D&D?

Well, I still have all my old books, so a nostalgia edition would be a bit superfluous for 1e onwards, for me. I might put an OD&D reprint on a wish list, but I don't know if I'd buy it outright.

delericho

Legend
The only one I'd buy is a reprint of the BECMI "Rules Cyclopedia", or a near-equivalent. For all the other editions, I either have the books, or have essentially no interest.

I would be very grateful if WotC would reprint the 3.5e Players Handbook, though. That book has become impossible to find at a decent price!

Ranes

Adventurer
Already got everything I want, all the way back. But I would consider a nostalgia re-print of an old edition for friends, as long as it works out cheaper than the collectibles I sometimes buy for them on eBay.

shadzar

Banned
Banned
I mentioned in the other similar thread, a RC version of all the older editions would be a boon to the hobby, in more ways than just giving gamers option, but in many way help people be able to accept editions existed before X edition, and to see how things were done there that might not have access to those ruleset to see the differences or even play them.

If the compilation was useful to me I might even buy it myself for the editions I already have...which is all "3" TSR editions, as my RC could probably use a rest or retirement.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads