• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-Asian Martial Artists?

TanisFrey

First Post
Western, non-Asian martial arts (and do not use weapons) that I can think of:
Boxing (from Greece) Boxing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wrestling (from Greece) Greco-Roman wrestling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Penkration (from Greece) Pankration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Savate (from France) Savate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Capoeita (From Brazil) Capoeira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All of these have their roots at least a Fifty to Century old.

If you are interested there are articals in old dragon magazines for 1ed OA martial arts for Boxing, Wrestling, Penkration and Savate. And a Class for 1ed style for Capoeita based class.

gwyllgi

First Post
capoeira and krav maga aren't western.

africa is not western civilization, it's african.
krav maga wasn't developed until after it reached israel. how bruce lee fought as a 14 year old isn't jeet kun do even though it's the basis for it (if you think they are the same put a brick in the middle of a river then try to sue someone for driving through your toll bridge without paying).

capoeira is 50% feints and dancing 50% attacks all of which came from africa, whoever if you want to prove me wrong show me a capoeira fighter mixing the charleston and ballroom dancing with his kicks and punches.

PS sorry for rezzing a old irrelevant post, but what do you expect from a necromancer?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads