• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No pro-football thread here???

Ilium

First Post
Oh, and I forgot to mention the very best thing about this season. A couple years ago, my wife suddenly became interested in football. So every week I am REQUIRED to sit on my butt, eat greasy food, drink beer and watch the game whether I like it or not. :)

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Ilium said:
Oh, and I forgot to mention the very best thing about this season. A couple years ago, my wife suddenly became interested in football. So every week I am REQUIRED to sit on my butt, eat greasy food, drink beer and watch the game whether I like it or not. :)

Sounds like you're in Heaven.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
NFL math?

Redskins + Joe Gibs return = massive disapointment.

But he has got another season....to confirm the formula.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Well at least last week my Saints didn't lose. (Looks away from everybody who knows that the Saints didn't play last week :heh: ). That's an improvement from the first 3 weeks in the season. Maybe with their non-loss they will continue with that and break into the win column.

They can still go 13 - 3 this season! :uhoh:

Hey! What are you doing with that white coat! :eek:

Note to self: Ask for paper bags next time when checking out at the store.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
TerraDave said:
NFL math?

Redskins + Joe Gibs return = massive disapointment.

But he has got another season....to confirm the formula.

OK, the 'skins brutally beat-down the lions, so I will suspend my whining.

The cheeseheads will be a good test if they are the real deal or not.

kenobi65

First Post
TerraDave said:
OK, the 'skins brutally beat-down the lions, so I will suspend my whining.

The cheeseheads will be a good test if they are the real deal or not.

Ayup. I think that both teams are in need of some affirmation of their status. Odds are that one of them will look more like the real deal after this one.

drothgery

First Post
Aurora said:
[grumble]That's what happens when you get rid of your coaching staff.[/grumble]

... and replace them with a bunch of guys who have never won anything. I mean, last week was great for the Chargers, and even with a horible start and bad coaching, the Bolts should manage to win ten games and the division. But Norv's still a bad head coach.

kenobi65

First Post
Ilium said:
Well I suppose the Packers had to lose some time. But did it have to be the Bears?

Ever since the "Payton Game" (the Packer-Bear game at Lambeau, a couple of days after Walter Payton died), I've always had a bad feeling about hosting the Bears. The Bears get up for that game like they don't for any other, and the Packers seem to come out flat.

They'd gotten to 4-0 by avoiding turnovers. They dropped to 4-1 by committing them. Pretty simple math, really.

Remove ads