• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Next Playtest Packet?

dave2008

Legend
I was thinking of starting the thread "is the playtest still happening?"

Based on the last video, I could see Crawford throwing in the towel on the whole thing: 2024 will be the same as 2014, but with errata and more consistent Capitalization. Done.
You mean the video where they walked back one thing (subclasses) and only partially at that? I hardly think that is throwing in the towel.

That being said, as with everything in the 5e playtest, they tend to walk back the more radical options. So I wouldn't be surprised if many changes disappear or are modified, it has been the case with just about every UA to final product release since the first 5e UA many years ago.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
SOmeone in another thread said that it would have to wait until after the 4th of july due to the holiday.
That's possible, though it makes little sense - holidays don't get in the way of things that come out before them. The packet is due this week, based on the schedule that they set. That said, I think that they only ever made ONE of the playtest's "deadlines", so their track record is not what we'd call "good".

I guess we'll see soon enough!

Remove ads