• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

newbies guide for Fallout 4

They conducted rituals in mine, bizarre rituals intended to bring about the end of the world.
Fallout 4-2024_04_30-00_56_33.png

I had forgotten that Fallout dips into cosmic horror and a bit of aliens horror when you're in the Salam Witch Museum with the death claw that you can't see but can hear

Zardnaar

Legend
The Institute are still worse. The self-delusion and hypocrisy of the same scientists who are trying to make synths as perfectly human as possible also refusing to consider their development of free will as being anything other than a malfunction is just infuriating.

Yup. They're outright evil. AI thing not so much but the murder and replacing does.

You are made the leader though theoretically you can change the institutes direction based on your mortality.

3/4 are evil or flawed at best. Institute is the second best ending content/mission wise imho.

Necropolitan

Adventurer
The factions in Fallout 4 were really unsatisfying.

At least in New Vegas I didn't have to side with any of them and could create my own side instead.

How long before our mods are fixed?
F4SE is open for downloading, I think they wanting to hear bug reports etc, but now that there's a script extender out the mods with authors who are still active should start to update. Right now I'm just downloading the mods that don't require it.
From the mod page for F4SE:
All native code plugins (.dlls) need to be updated by their creators for 1.10.980.
Old native code plugins not loading is not a problem with F4SE.

1.10.980 itself is pretty unstable, so expect crashes that aren't F4SE's fault.

Last edited:

TheSword

Legend
Loving getting back into the game on Survival. Totally changes the way I play.

Also found a brilliant video for developing Hangman’s Alley that turns it from a cramped corridor to a vast palace. The rest of the series are pretty good too. Surprisingly easy to listen to and follow. For new players it also does a good job of teaching the pillar and rug techniques.

I’ll be honest I love building. Making a place your own and really kitting it out is an awesome part of the game if you have the patience.

I prefer playing the game without mods. Glad the update fixed Automatron.

Remove ads