• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

newbies guide for Fallout 4

Zardnaar

Legend
I will play on Normal as usual, so I trust I'll do ok with just gear boni and a good stock of the plain drugs for most fights. But then again, towards the end of any game one can never be TOO op, right.

Well you can get around 30 strength easy enough. Getting to 60requires touch effort.

I don't fame legendaries so just use what I find. Finding a full set of legendary pieces can take 100 odd levels.

So pre existing ones you can aquire each one saves 15-20 levels.

If you want a perfect set no idea. Perfect being legendary effect you wat plus matching pieces eg X5 combat armor.

MarkB

Legend
Well you can get around 30 strength easy enough. Getting to 60requires touch effort.

I don't fame legendaries so just use what I find. Finding a full set of legendary pieces can take 100 odd levels.

So pre existing ones you can aquire each one saves 15-20 levels.

If you want a perfect set no idea. Perfect being legendary effect you wat plus matching pieces eg X5 combat armor.
Legendaries are such pot-luck, it's rarely worth trying to deliberately farm them. Last game I played, I was picking up great ones all over the place - Instigating sniper rifles, multiple stat-boosting armour pieces before I hit 20th level, incendiary combat shotgun. In my current run it's all trash so far - best of a bad bunch was some Unyielding leg armour, the rest wasn't even worth picking up.

Zardnaar

Legend
I just got an instigating missile launcher from a legendary deathclaw in the Glowing Sea.

Good weapon. Rocket launchers are the best of the heavy weapons imho.

You can double stack demolition expert and heavy weapons perks on them.

Instigating is also one of the best effects.

Instigating rocket launchers will one shot a mirelurk Queen on Survival mode iirc. 7 pounds of weight per missile though relegated it to power armor and/or strength builds.

Kaodi

Hero
Instagating is decent though it has one significant drawback: if the enemy takes damage from any other source first the bonus is, of course, nullified. For my own current pistol-packing playthrough the best weapon for mirelurk queens I have found is a wounding 10mm. I just set that baby to full auto and point it in their direction.

Zardnaar

Legend
Instagating is decent though it has one significant drawback: if the enemy takes damage from any other source first the bonus is, of course, nullified. For my own current pistol-packing playthrough the best weapon for mirelurk queens I have found is a wounding 10mm. I just set that baby to full auto and point it in their direction.

Wounding is very good on automatics along with explosive and knee capping.

If you're building around instigating Take sole survivor perk skip companions.

Kaodi

Hero
By a quirk of luck I actually did find an instigating weapon since that last post that I would have loved on a build that actually used stealth and melee: an instigating disciples blade.

Zardnaar

Legend
By a quirk of luck I actually did find an instigating weapon since that last post that I would have loved on a build that actually used stealth and melee: an instigating disciples blade.

Think you can buy or aquire hat weapon on Nuka world iirc.

Good contender for most powerful weapon in the game.

MarkB

Legend
Think you can buy or aquire hat weapon on Nuka world iirc.

Good contender for most powerful weapon in the game.
Yeah, only other thing that might compete is lucking out on a legendary version of one of those pole hooks from Far Harbour - they upgrade to pretty ludicrous damage levels as I recall.

pukunui

Legend
So because I was going to the area, I decided to look into that “find and kill Pyro” quest that had been sitting in my quest log since I first left Vault 114.

When I got near the area, it said the quest was completed. I looked around and found Pyro already dead on the ground! I looted his hellfire armor and then soon after ended up at the ironworks, where I got ambushed by Enclave troops. I tracked them to a nearby camp, where I killed another guy in even better hellfire armor. I’ve since upgraded that, and it looks stat-wise like it’s even better than the X-02 armor.

This is the new content from the update, right?

Remove ads