• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarDragon said:
Moderate Eradication is +6, Heavy is +36. Since feats only translate to +1 (or +2 for Epic) I wouldn't allow it.

If were using the "divine ability +6, cosmic +36, transcendental +216, omnific +1296" logic, then Unerring (the weapon ability equivalent of the transcendental ability Perfect Attack) would cost +216 instead of +25.

Unerring costs much less because the ability only applies to attacks made with that weapon alone instead of all your attack rolls, so presumably the Eradication abilities would also cost less as weapon abilities by virtue of it only applying to a single weapon.

Howdy! :)

Adslahnit said:
So how does combat occur in Muzaloth then? Or is it even possible to fight in Muzaloth?

If you can get to it, you can fight in it as far as I'm concerned.

Adslahnit said:
So an ECL 1920 Time Lord would be as big as a dot (being a dot himself), while an ECL 640 First One would only be around 1/3rd as big as a dot? I know that power doesn't scale that way with the CR/ECL/EL system, of course.

Let me just explain, these black 'dots' are just far away time lords, just like the stars in the night sky are white 'dots'.

Hey Farealmer matey! :)

Farealmer3 said:
No, it was
Give me the level of a power that nullifies everything it touches,

Omnific or possibly Metempiric gven the absolute that is 'everything'.

protects it's weilder from time travel (like slipstream),

Cosmic, Slipstream (as noted).

and provides a 360 degree sheild (that prevents teleporting attacks).

Divine, Force Field.

That's all that's required, forget what has been posted if you don't want to judge an ability you've never seen. Just pretend am asking for a independent power.

Its the absolute nature that complicates things. The whole ensemble is t least Omnific, but could be nullified by other omnific absolutes. If not it can only be Metempiric.

I'll be back and do more replies later tonight. ;)

Howdy! :)

mercucio said:
UK,

I hate to dreg this up again, but I've been working on a pantheon and have a question. If [bonus type][Mind] grants a bonus equal to your stat why should any martial deity ever waste a slot on True Strike? Most martial deities by stereotype may not be abnormally intelligent or wise, but they do tend to the charismatic (and thus the Heavenly series of divine abilities).

I fail to see your point here.

Is a deity with [Bonus Type][Mind] + True Strike better than one with just [Bonus Type][Mind]?

I think I've come across another problem with regards to epic weapon special ability pricing. Keen (x2 crit range) is simply a duplicate of the Improved Critical feat, and as such is only worth a +1 bonus. Opening/Striking (x3 crit range) is a copy of the Greater Critical epic feat, but it costs a +6 bonus.

Shouldn't a +6 bonus duplicate a divine ability, making Opening/Striking instead work like Superior Critical (x4 crit range)? Furthermore, I thought you said that weapon abilities should cost less due to them applying only to a single weapon instead of all your attacks, as was clarified with regards to Unerring's +25 bonus in comparison to the Perfect Attack transcendental ability.

+6 for an epic feat on your weapon seems really overpriced compared to +25 for a transcendental ability on your weapon.

Howdy Adslahnit mate! :)

Adslahnit said:
I think I've come across another problem with regards to epic weapon special ability pricing. Keen (x2 crit range) is simply a duplicate of the Improved Critical feat, and as such is only worth a +1 bonus. Opening/Striking (x3 crit range) is a copy of the Greater Critical epic feat, but it costs a +6 bonus.

Shouldn't a +6 bonus duplicate a divine ability, making Opening/Striking instead work like Superior Critical (x4 crit range)? Furthermore, I thought you said that weapon abilities should cost less due to them applying only to a single weapon instead of all your attacks, as was clarified with regards to Unerring's +25 bonus in comparison to the Perfect Attack transcendental ability.

+6 for an epic feat on your weapon seems really overpriced compared to +25 for a transcendental ability on your weapon.

Good point.

It should probably be:

+1: x2
+3: x3
+9: x4
+45: x5

...or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads