• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Forgotten Realms campaign

garlicnation

First Post
Hello, I am a DM who has tried once to do this PbP thing, but would love to get a solid game going. I have quite a bit of DM experience and have recently aquired all of the forgotten realms books. I would love to run something in the setting and am looking for player concepts/adventure ideas.

I'llI toss my hat into FR campaign ... It's been a while.
As for concepts/adventure ideas, I don't care, whatever you wish.
5-6 level as a starting point would be great.

garlicnation

First Post
Ok, more about what is allowed. I will allow pretty much any class/PrC combination and feat combination, but be warned, if I deem sometime during the course of the game that you designed it to munchkin, I will begin to ramp up the difficulty of it. I am using forgotten realms at the time of the book, and will take charachter concepts even if evil. Any evil charachters must be rp'ed correctly and must avoid death by pc and npc. I will not tell any evil charachter how to do this, but I might give the occasional hint. I am looking up some adventures as a springboard for eitehr 5-6th level or 10th level, so vote which one you want. I am not gonna make a poll simply because I only care about what prospective players think. I should have a level and starting adventure hook by tuesday, but until then please feel free to ask questions.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I am interested. I haven't done anything related to FR for quite a while. Beyond apparently all the FR books, what other books do you own? [specifically, do you own Races of Stone]

Personally, I think I would like the level 10 better, but only because it's been a long while since I've done anything over level 6, but 5-6 is also just fine for me.

Shayuri

First Post
Sounds interesting so far, and I think I'd prefer level 10...if only because it would take forever to get that far if we start at 5 or 6. :)

Would we be using regional feats and other material from the Player's Guide to Faerun? What about some of the material from Races of Faerun, especially the feats relating to native outsiders?

garlicnation

First Post
I have races of stone, faerun, destiny, and wild. I have complete arcane/divine/warrior/adventurer. I will allow any non-core class if you ask me first, I probably have the book with it. I even have libris mortis if you want to play an undead and can pull it off. You get regional feats and regional items. Everything is straight FR. There seems to be more interest in level 10, so start giving me some concepts and roll-ups. I use 4d6 take highest and use invisible caste roll named "*username* rolls for garlicnation game". If you roll horribly I will probably let you reroll, I am nice like that. Now I am looking through my adventures, anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: Would you guys like to see city of the spider queen? It seems that there are a few games are going on, but it still looks interesting.

Last edited:

JDragon

Explorer
I'm up for a good FR game.

Level 10 would have been my vote, so that worked out well.

As for adventure, I have played part of CoTSQ and was not impressed.

If you were interested in going higher level there was a nice looking three adventure serries set in Waterdeep that ran in Dungeon late last/early this year. I think it was around 14th. SPOILER: its the Vampires of Waterdeep serries, I can get you scans of the issues if you don't have it.

JDragon

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads