• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World New feature--Ranked Polls!

Voting in this competition is closed

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Testing again. Currently only works here in Meta, but will be rolled out soon.

Ranked polls allow you to have a 'voting competition' where by people can upvote or downvote certain entries. This could be fun for photo contests, or ongoing "What's the best RPG?" type thing. It's a little different to regular polls--it makes it very easy to see what order things are voted in and keeps a constant ranked 'chart'. It looks a bit like this:

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 12.58.05.png

Each post below has a little arrow to the right. You can click that arrow to upvote an entry.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 12.28.20.png
  • In this poll you can only vote for certain 'whitelisted' entries, not just every reply.
  • I've also set this one to upvotes only.
  • (I think you still have to refresh to see the results)
  • Threadstarter gets to choose the options--
    • Allow only 'whitelisted' posts for voting (like I have here) or allow all replies to be voted on
    • Disable downvotes--you can have just upvotes, or upvotes plus downvotes (my suggestion is just up, as upping one and downing others is just double dipping)
    • Start/end dates for contest or leave open
    • Number of competition winners (these show at the top of the thread when/if the contest ends)
  • Either the threadstarter could add all the entries they want and whitelist only use.
  • The threadstarter could enable all replies to be voted on.
  • The threadstarter could invite entries and choose which to whitlelist and include in the contest.
The threadstarter's options look like this:

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 12.40.36.png

If you choose the whitelisting option, only entries the threadstarter approves can be votes on. If you don't, all replies can be voted in. The threadstarter can approve posts by using the control at the bottom of each thread next to the Report and Edit functions:

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 12.46.03.png

The contest is ongoing unless the threadstarter sets an end date, in which case it will close and look like this:

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 12.38.53.png
Anyway, feel free to play! I'm setting permissions so this can be done by anyone in the Meta forum. Once I'm sure it works as intended I'll make it available elsewhere.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Star Wars
Star Wars is an American epic space opera media franchise created by George Lucas, which began with the eponymous 1977 film and quickly became a worldwide pop culture phenomenon.

026-dvd2_star_wars_poster_classic_1_web.jpg

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Star Trek
Star Trek is an American science fiction media franchise created by Gene Roddenberry, which began with the eponymous 1960s television series and became a worldwide pop-culture phenomenon.

MV5BNDRkMTNiNjgtZDIyOC00NmE1LTlkZjEtMGZiNTcyZDQ0NjcxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTE1NjY5Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Battlestar Galactica
A group of humans aboard a battleship, Battlestar Galactica, are forced to abandon their planet after being attacked by Cylons. They try to evade the Cylons while searching for their true home, Earth.

71LrjF+FBKL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Doctor Who
The Doctor, a mysterious 2,000-year-old time traveller, and his companions journey across time and space in a ship known as TARDIS.

Versions_of_the_Doctor.jpg

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Alien(s)
Ellen Ripley is sent back to the planet LV-426 to establish contact with a terraforming colony. Once there, she encounters the Alien Queen and her offspring and has to fight them to survive.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Stargate(s)
On a secret mission, Jack O'Neill returns to Planet Abydos to search for scientist Daniel Jackson. O'Neill finds him and learns about a series of hieroglyphics that suggest a map of several Stargates.

MV5BMmIwNTg1ODItMTc0MC00MjAzLWFmOWUtYWIwMDI0ZmYxMTNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc5NjEzNA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Red Dwarf
Features the adventures of the last human being alive and his friends, stranded three million years into deep space on the mining ship Red Dwarf.

p7893064_b_v8_aa.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads