• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New D&D Survey, with some in-depth setting questions

Parmandur

Book-Friend
@Urriak Uruk thanks for sharing those screens. Based on the options they have there, not only does it seem they are taking these ideas from past feedback, but it seems they have put significant thought into how to make each of the more "generic" fantasy Settings distinct and where to put their focus if they put out a product for them (at this point, a when rather than if for all of these, I think).

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I didn't get a screencap, but I put "Homebrew" for favorite setting and they still had several questions to ask about that, which struck me as interesting.

edit: Just to clarify: They didn't ask questions about the homebrew setting itself, but rather questions along the lines of why, and what D&D resources used, if any. Things like that.

Last edited:

HammerMan

Legend
OMG, Birthright as my fav, and warlock, and half elf... man I loved this survey, I am just afraid being a 40+ year old white man (old man) they may weigh my opinion less... since I am very much the past holding on for now...but i may not be the future (I mean I hope I still have 20ish years of playing in me... but me at 16 thought I would be playing for 70 years)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I didn't get a screencap, but I put "Homebrew" for favorite setting and they still had several questions to ask about that, which struck me as interesting.
1635803659439.png

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
The poor AI trying to make sense of that. :ROFLMAO:
Well, granted that I put Eberron as my favorite setting, I think it will figure out the Warforged. I just like Gnomes. They're funny, eccentric, and I can relate to them a lot (I have ADHD and ASD). Lizardfolk are also one of the races that doesn't act like typical people (don't understand typical emotions/laughter, act strangely, etc), so I also relate to them.
I think I went Human, Genasi, Aasimar this time.
Aasimar are cool. I probably prefer them to tieflings, if only because their subrace "nova" ability is always cool. If I could do a top 10, they'd definitely be up there.

Scribe

Legend
OMG, Birthright as my fav, and warlock, and half elf... man I loved this survey, I am just afraid being a 40+ year old white man (old man) they may weigh my opinion less... since I am very much the past holding on for now...but i may not be the future (I mean I hope I still have 20ish years of playing in me... but me at 16 thought I would be playing for 70 years)
I thought the survey would end after I put my age in as well. Turn's out it kept going until I said I was a man, not sure if that was the last question, or just my last question.

Well, granted that I put Eberron as my favorite setting, I think it will figure it out the Warforged. I just like Gnomes. They're funny, eccentric, and I can relate to them a lot (I have ADHD and ASD). Lizardfolk are also one of the races that doesn't act like typical people (don't understand typical emotions/laughter, act strangely, etc), so I also relate to them.

Aasimar are cool. I probably prefer them to tieflings, if only because their subrace "nova" ability is always cool. If I could do a top 10, they'd definitely be up there.

That all makes sense. I normally pick Tieflings, but I dont like 5e Tieflings, so was hoping they would ask for a follow up on 'why these races.'

A 'pick 3 you dont like' is an odd miss actually on the survey questions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads