• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Netbook of Feats] Version 009 is on line in PDF and HTML

sigfried

Adventurer
The latest version of the Netbook of Feats is here in time for the holidays. Featuring more than 50 new feats and a new HTML format with a hyperlink feat list; this is the biggest and best NBOF ever. In our pursuit of quality we have removed some of the weaker and duplicate feats from the netbook and made many small editorial changes to increase clarity and consistency. You can download the new files at http://www.netbookoffeats.org/ .

It's also free of course, and you may want to check out the latest from the other FanCC netbooks http://www.fancc.org . If you've never seen the NBOF before this is a great time to check it out. While not fancy the HTML version is super handy and easy to cut and paste from. The pdf version is lovely, and great for printing and browsing.

Sigfried Trent
Team Leader, Netbook of Feats

MEG Hal

First Post
New site looks great you guys, you have been around for almost 3 years now ( I was one of the first who joined) and this idea is great we use your stuff and a lot of of our staff is former FanCC active members and now just passive members.

Great Job!

sigfried

Adventurer
Thanks guys

No end of feats in sight. We're gearing up on our reviews again and there are many many feats in the review bin.

We will have more frequent updates of the HTML netbook since it takes me about 8 seconds to generate it from our database. Probably every month so long as there are new feats to include.

I'll fire of a new-stuff only export for PcGen as soon as I get my review system rolling smoothly.

Thanks for the kudo's Hal, kind words are the fuel that keeps our fires going.

DSC-EricPrice

First Post
I'm excited to hear about an update to the NBoF. I already culled version 8 looking for appropriate feats for an upcoming book. There were several. Now I'm betting another look is warranted...

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Great to see the netbooks start up again!

Looking at the NBoF I was favorably impressed with the editing, though I haven't had a chance to peruse it thoroughly yet.

Is there any intent to do a text version? Because I run several different campaigns the ability to cut and paste the feats for each world was invaluable. I feel that choosing the feats appropriate to a world enhances the flavor in much the same way as selecting prestige classes.

Also, for the Power rating a +/- paired with the rating to indicate over/under powered feats would be handy. I am quite willing to allow underpowered feats for those who desire them, but equally leery of overpowered ones.

The Auld Grump

Last edited:

Aitch Eye

First Post
TheAuldGrump said:
Is there any intent to do a text version? Because I run several different campaigns the ability to cut and paste the feats for each world was invaluable.

You should be able to copy and paste feats from the PDF with the "Column Select" tool in Acrobat Reader (at least it's in version 5.1.0, I hadn't noticed it before).

Or did I misunderstand what you were saying?

sigfried

Adventurer
TheAuldGrump said:
Great to see the netbooks start up again!

Looking at the NBoF I was favorably impressed with the editing, though I haven't had a chance to peruse it thoroughly yet.

Is there any intent to do a text version? Because I run several different campaigns the ability to cut and paste the feats for each world was invaluable. I feel that choosing the feats appropriate to a world enhances the flavor in much the same way as selecting prestige classes.

Also, for the Power rating a +/- paired with the rating to indicate over/under powered feats would be handy. I am quite willing to allow underpowered feats for those who desire them, but equally leery of overpowered ones.

The Auld Grump

Thanks! We definately made lots of corrections this time around. Still a couple glitches, fortunately our readers usualy find those pretty quickly.

We had a text version, but when I was coding the html version it got sidelined. You can easily coppy from the html version and paste into word or text files, althoug sometimes the carrage returns are a bit funky. Were trying to come up with an HTML format that pastes a bit better. I will likely have an all text version again next time we update.

Good suggestion on the power levels. I'll see if we can work in something like that, although it may be hard to apply it to all the older feats as I don't always remember what all the board members opinions were, but I can usualy take a good guess based on the feat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads