• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

need help shining a few classes.

gwyllgi

First Post
need help with this...

first up the Ashigaru which was made after i passed a bunch of checks increasing the proficiency and skill of the spider clan's ashigaru, the GM said make something that is still playable but reflects how a well trained modernized army would be, so i went with pike and shot style with a little extra here and there.

Class Skills Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier
Class Features
ashigarutable.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/ashigarutable.jpg/
1 As dungeon crasher from dungeonscape Pg 10
2 Acts as Armor of God from Complete Champion Pg 48
3 From Player’s Handbook 2 Pg 45
Aligned Strike deals 1d6 + half class level in damage taint damage

Chusei acts as Gunslinger class feature, grit from Pathfinder’s Ultimate combat, Kogeki no Undo acts as deeds from the same class, and Shin Rokugan Jissen acts as Gun Training but applies to any weapon. The Ashigaru cannot regain Chusei via daring acts, attempting to do so results in loss of all Chusei points for the day.

The Ashigaru is treated as a musket master when using Kogeki no Undo (Deeds) and gains a few the gunslinger lacks.

At the 3rd level the Ashigaru may expend one Chusei point to swap out the his currently equipped firearm for another as a free action

At Level 7 she gains the ability to preform a banzai charge for 1 point of Chusei. She moves at twice her normal rate and can still make a full attack but takes double damage and quadrupal crit damage until next turn.

At 19th level the ashigaru may expend one point of Chusei to become effectively invisible to Shadowlands creatures of 5 HD or less, he can spend a extra point to add another HD to the amount.

Rambou (EX) As True Grit Gunslinger class feature except that you now also add your Taint score to your daily Chusei points

* Kumo Ashigaru all practice what is know as kumo no gejijutsu, a gaijin martial art which has evolved within a short time into three disciplines.

^ Yami no Michi = Shadow Hand, Used by the First Kumo Ashigaru (who were trained by my character), they fight under Daigotsu Kanpeki directly.
^ Jigoku no Yaban = Tiger Claw, Used by those trained by both my character and Tetsuo of the order of the spider, they often fight under non daimyo such as Daigotsu Bukaro or Chaozhu.
^ Kokuyoseki-bi = Setting Sun, Used almost exclusively by low ranking or new recruits, especially one from lands of other clans, It is thought of to be the lowest form of Kumo no Gejijutsu due to it’s simplicity, it is the widest known and is employed by soldiers under the control of my PC or Daigotsu Hotako.

* they pick One martial discipline at level 1 and cannot change without expending 1500 Koku (one koku being equal to 1 gold pence [piece]) per level. This process of learning a new discipline is exhausting and long, the subject takes a one time penalty of 1d6 con, 1d4 str, and 1d4 agi damage that lasts for a week then must make a skill check (Preform Weapon Drill) at the beginning of the next DC 5 +1 per levels in Kumo Ashigaru.

Kumo-Ashigaru are the foot soldiers of the spider clan, our pc’s stopped the yodotai invasion of the senpet empire, I had convinced the pharoah to pay my 10x the original price. I had also learned how the yodotai fought. I used this money to fund a small group of assassins known as the dark dozen, who fought as a small group and used (and specialized in using) various gaijin technology such as firearms, explosives, and exotic armors. Now the GM had brought the city known as Union into the campaign to serve as a hub, with the other material planes around it like spokes on a wheel or more appropriately planets around a sun. when we drew up new PCs I took advantage of his incorporation Golarion and played a gunslinger, prior to the invasion I a musket master, invented a fantasy counterpart to the Mateba Grifone and this became the dozen’s main weapon, I eventually expanded them making the first legion of kumo ashigaru, to replace the generic ashigaru used by other clans, they are well trained, well armed and, very angry with the other great clans. They were created to be hyper competent mooks in a sense and to represent a Japanese take on a broader idea I have for a more competent gunfighter as a whole.

They have proficiency with firearms, grenade-like weapons, and 4 melee weapons of their choice (GM‘s discretion) due to the setting this almost always means, Daisho, Rifle butt, bayonet, Unarmed (as monk of equal level). However my small group of senpetian followers used Gile ,Shotel, Spikes, and Gun Shield.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads