• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need classes

gwyllgi

First Post
Okay my last character is kind dead, i need a new gestalt build.

Our DM allows gestalting 2 PrC but If i try to pull a jackass move i am screwed. DM takes no crap and will have you encounter the lady of pain in a alleyway in a small village .

I want good stealth, spontaneous arcane casting, and the ability to wear good light armor.

Empirate

First Post
Good for you.

Seriously, phrases like "I appreciate all the help you can give me with the following: ..." or similar are, in turn, appreciated.

On to your (implied) question: sounds like a Beguiler to me, which should fit all your bills. Bard would be the obvious core option. You can also go Battle Sorcerer, if you like. You can gestalt it with something sneaky and combat-able (Rogue or Swordsage, although the latter makes you a bit MAD), and you should be fine.

More details would need more information regarding your role in the party (glass cannon? primary arcanist? skill monkey? fifth wheel?), your ability scores, your alignment, your race etc.

emoplato

First Post
How about splice a warlock with the Bequiler? The Warlock has some very unique stealth capabilities, Entropic Warding invocation. Not only does it provide a 20% miss chance to all ranged attacks, but namely you can't be tracked or even pinpointed by scent. They also have one that mimics Spider Climb, remember Warlocks can do their invocations at will as spell-like abilities. If you get the Darkstalker feat plus a non-detection spell fueled by Beguiler skills(rogue's) you would be effectively undetectable. The eldritch blast is a great ability, damage like an untyped breath weapon of other characters without a save as a ranged touch attack. It can be optimized with mortal bane and chasuble of fell power. Also, you can do this all in light armor. You would have to ask about alignment, you would probably be chaotic. While the Beguiler doesn't say must not or be this the Warlock says must either be chaotic or evil.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Let me first say that [MENTION=97812]emoplato[/MENTION]'s suggestion is a fantastic one, and likely perfect for what you're looking for.

A slight modification on his suggestion might be Warlock//Sorcerer, just to be a little less MAD, or Warlock//Factotum, for a different kind of skillset to do what you're trying for, or Beguiler//Factotum for some serious stealth & spell fun.

gwyllgi

First Post
well this is my party Singh Rager(barbarian)+samurai, fighter+Dwarven Defender(barbarian), Fighter+Monk, Druid+Alienist(Sorcerer).

And I appreciate all the help you can give me with the following: ...

Last edited:

cjosephs1s

First Post
Warmage covers spontaneous casting and light armor. Not sure if you are going for total offence from your caster though. A favorite thing we do in Gestalt (its almost a staple in our characters) is to pick a race on one side and class on the other (Most races are a huge advantage as they give stat boosts, NA, special abilities, and flavor). Can you do this? If so Ogre Mage or Djinni from Savage Species are great choices and only take up about 12 or so levels so you can still PRC on this side or pick up another class for a few levels to boost stats and abilities like fighter for extra HP, BAB feats and saves. For spellcasting godliness pick the Trumpet Archon. They get Cleric spells at 2+ their class HD (in this case Warmage). So at level 1 you can cast as if a 3rd level cleric and a 1st level warmage.

Also look at the Gheale. It might just be the best 20 level racial progression period for gestalt.

Tovec

Explorer
I want good stealth, spontaneous arcane casting, and the ability to wear good light armor.

I don't know about stealth, arcane casting and light armor...

but ..

Barbarian/Druid prestige into Warshaper and Bear Warrior.
It is an offensive tank with divine spellcasting and no manufactured armor but natural armor instead.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
You really don't need to PrC if you're Gestalting (IMO); you're already a pretty bad mama-jama.

I've always liked the Bard//Warlock gestalt, possibly into the Chameleon, for a whole lotta customization options.

gwyllgi

First Post
You really don't need to PrC if you're Gestalting (IMO); you're already a pretty bad mama-jama.

I've always liked the Bard//Warlock gestalt, possibly into the Chameleon, for a whole lotta customization options.

you do if your DM is going Epic Level war :eek:

DM don't give a F***:devil:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Epic level is one thing, but bottom line, you only get one or two actions a round unless you're a hyper-optimized spellcaster (haste, Quicken spell, that kind of stuff). If you want Hit points, go Barbarian//Druid. You can't lose.

Or if you really want spells, Barb//Sorc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads