• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a little help on a character

Wippit Guud

First Post
Setting up a pbp evil character, getting stuck on the last feat I need.

Playing a half-ogre hexblade 5/dragon disciple 4. Don't have dex or int for feats, strength is 28. Using a large-size +1 keen greatsword for a weapon. Current feats are Willing deformity, Deformity(obese), Large and in Charge, and Power Attack (hexblade bonus feat). Need something for level 9.

Last edited:

Darklone

With this strength, you can use Cleave even with 50 hitpoints opponents. Go for it.

Otherwise Weapon Focus. Gives another +2 damage with Power Attack.

green slime

First Post
Wippit Guud said:
Setting up a pbp evil character, getting stuck on the last feat I need.

Playing a half-ogre hexblade 5/dragon disciple 4. Don't have dex or int for feats, strength is 28. Using a large-size +1 keen greatsword for a weapon. Current feats are Willing deformity, Deformity(obese), Large and in Charge, and Power Attack (hexblade bonus feat). Need something for level 9.

Might Makes Right (requires Leadership, from RoF)
Power Lunge (S&F)
Power Critical (CW) (IIRC, it requires Improved Critical, but you have keen weapon...)
Sunder
Vile Martial Strike (requires Weapon Focus first) (BoVD)

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I'd ditch the deformity feats(where did you find these things?) and get improved bull rush and awesome blow (monster manual feat). I don't think you can get power attack as a bonus hexblade feat. I believe the bonus feat list for hexblades only has spellcasting related feats.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Deformity feats are in BoVD... without breaking cotent rules, Willing defority adds an imtimidate bonus and is a prereq for other feats, deformity obese triples your weights, adds the same bonus as the former feat, increases con, decreases dex.

Oh, and the guy is a cannibal/"devourer", he eats a part of every kill.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Why would you want to play something that disturbingly evil and disgusting? Even as a villian, this guy seems over the top. Maybe, it's just me, but I don't get the point of BOVD stuff.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Shazman said:
Why would you want to play something that disturbingly evil and disgusting? Even as a villian, this guy seems over the top. Maybe, it's just me, but I don't get the point of BOVD stuff.

Because a villain should not be just someone with the word "evil" somewhere in the alignment line, and you can't always play the LE tyrants or NE schemers.

At the moment (for another session, when the campaign ends), I play a sadistic blackguard who likes to torture people. It's fun (especially seeing the DM sqirming when I start to describe what I do to them - he shouldn't have DM'ed an evil party. Really).

Another Evil PC I had (a wood elf worshipping malar) ripped his victims hearts out and ate them raw (he believed that he gained their strength and courage from enemies' hearts).

Remove ads