• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Nations and Cannons: The American Crisis for DND 5E

Weiley31

Legend
1681945528734.png

Remember the American Revolution?
Well now its back, in Pog Fo-cough cough-I mean NOW for(upcoming) in 5E!!
1681922785876.png

And yes, THERE WILL BE a bonus standalone PDF "Flintlock Fantasy" one-shot called "Benjamin Franklin: BANSHEE SLAYER" for those that don't want to be completely history accurate. (Looks like the Stretch Goal for it is already unlocked).

Last edited:

Sparky McDibben

Adventurer
I actually picked up the preview version on DriveThru for like $5. Not terrible, although some of the design choices were not how I'd have done them. Race is gone, and you have Origin instead: Officer, Frontiersman, etc.

Will absolutely go back that after work.

Weiley31

Legend
I remember, many moons ago, Neverwinter Nights 1 had a mod or something where they pretty much did this for the Revolutionary War for educational purposes.

Of course, because of that, I have a strong urge to back this.

GuyBoy

Hero
Good luck with this project. From an Englishman!
TBF, I taught American History and Politics and am all in favour of 1776. It was a great move by the 13 Colonies.

Just a little local story: the main church in my current home town (Maidstone, Kent) houses the grave of Lawrence Washington who died in 1619 and was an ancestor of the rather more famous George, prior to the family crossing the Atlantic.
In itself, that's reasonably interesting, but the town is also the ancestral home of the Cornwallis family, whose home, Linton House, still dominates the southern approach, so both leaders in the war and at Yorktown have family origins in the same town.
My daughter is principal of a large high school built on some former land of the Cornwallis family and named in their "honour" as Cornwallis Academy. I did tell her that her school's name would carry rather less prestige in the USA.....and received a "daughter-to-dad" scowl in return!

MGibster

Legend
Back in my graduate school days, I got into a rather heated debate with a British subject about whether or not the American Revolution was justified. His opinion was that the American colonist should have remained under the boot of the tyrannical King George and his Parliament of Funk, and I expressed my patroitic opinion by throwing his tea in the nearest body of water.

Weiley31

Legend
Good luck with this project. From an Englishman!
TBF, I taught American History and Politics and am all in favour of 1776. It was a great move by the 13 Colonies.

Just a little local story: the main church in my current home town (Maidstone, Kent) houses the grave of Lawrence Washington who died in 1619 and was an ancestor of the rather more famous George, prior to the family crossing the Atlantic.
In itself, that's reasonably interesting, but the town is also the ancestral home of the Cornwallis family, whose home, Linton House, still dominates the southern approach, so both leaders in the war and at Yorktown have family origins in the same town.
My daughter is principal of a large high school built on some former land of the Cornwallis family and named in their "honour" as Cornwallis Academy. I did tell her that her school's name would carry rather less prestige in the USA.....and received a "daughter-to-dad" scowl in return!
Well, it looks like they hit their funding goal so looks like the project is up to a good start.

Remove ads