• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

my what a dashing entrance.

talien

Community Supporter
I take comfort in the fact that there are enough gamers out there sufficiently interested in D&D that the sheer overwhelming mass of them all hitting the server simultaneously is enough to crash it.

Fear the day when WOTC announces a new edition and nobody comes to the party. :)

Irda Ranger

First Post
Truly. This is like one of those slap-stick comedies when the protagonist makes a big entrance, trips over their own feet and comes tumbling down the stairs. Usually to trumpets.

It's been 15 minutes now. Sheesh.

Christian

Explorer
Moon-Lancer said:
not quite what a expected.

wotc website seems to have crashed.

Um, you didn't expect that? A countdown all day, and you didn't figure that the tens of thousands of people hovering over their mousepads, waiting for the thing to hit 0, wouldn't crash the servers with their simul-clicks?

'Course, expecting that to happen didn't stop me from doing it too ... :\

Christian

Explorer
Latest news on the outage from Gleemax:

WOTC_DaveG said:
Hey guys,

We're working as hard as we can on getting the wizards.com servers up; it looks preliminarily like a spike of hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of concurrent users trying to view the site brought it down. :-/

I know you guys are ****** and have a right to be impatient, but we are doing everything we can!

So, there you go. :\

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Christian said:
So, there you go. :\
Funny thing: First the D&D-website went down, then the rest of the WotC-homepage.

Compare to the Magic-releases: Usually only the Magic-site crashes, while you can still crawl through to the D&D-site.

And boy, that crash was fast!.

This is surely a good sign! (as in: Gosh, there is a bunch of rabid D&D-gamers, who want to get a first look, NOW!).

Cheers, LT.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads