• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My New Year's Gaming Resolutions

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
My New Year's Gaming Resolutions

10) I will not start forum posts with titles that are a spin-off on Hamlet's infamous line on suicide: "to be or not to be". In other words, if I want to ask a question about item creation, I promise to not think it clever to start it with "to craft, or not to craft". It is not an homage to the classics, its just lame ... even for the internet.

9) I will not play a class just because its needed by the group. If nobody else wants to heal, I'm not going to get stuck on cleric duty. My half-orc bard is here to rock!

8) I promise not to punch anyone in the nose who thinks they are Mr. Clever by pointing out that bards can heal.

7) As a DM, I will keep trying to bring my focus on rooms and encounters rather than settings and kingdoms. I am a gamer, not a failed novelist.

6) As a hobbyist, I will continue to fantasize and develop kingdoms and settings, because I think that's fun ... though it might be a sign that I need therapy if my ideal utopian fantasy world includes homicidal monsters instead of, like, stewardesses.

5) I will give gnomes a chance.

4) 2008 will be the end of my playing video games until 3 in the morning even though I’m really, really close to getting that quest component that will unlock the dungeon that will lead to the monster, whose scales I can take to the alchemist to turn into one of the five pieces required for the epic Armor Of Awesome +6.

3) When playing MMORPGs I will assume that any female is being played by a 53 year old plumber in Chicago. (I met her in a PuG in Old Hillsbrad, where they look for loot and other big payola. P-A-Y-O-L-A. She walked up to me and offered to guild, I asked her name and in an Orcish voice she said "Lola"….)

2) I will get my buddies to play the Star Wars RPG if I have to threaten them with a thermal detonator.

1) Finally, I will go to Gen Con even if it means I have to sell your organs to do it.

Happy New Year!

1) I will try my best to not make fun of Grognards. I really will.
2) I will not make fun of Greyhawk, even if I really *really* enjoy doing it.
3) I will introduce at least three new people to the hobby.

-TRRW

orsal

LEW Judge
BiggusGeekus said:
6) As a hobbyist, I will continue to fantasize and develop kingdoms and settings, because I think that's fun ... though it might be a sign that I need therapy if my ideal utopian fantasy world includes homicidal monsters instead of, like, stewardesses.

If you think the two are mutually exclusive, your imagination is not adequate to the task of GMing.

BiggusGeekus said:
Wait! This is why the big homicidal monsters don't rule/destroy the world. They're also stewardesses. So they just terrorized the local hamlet while on lay overs. This explains a lot. Except where one finds these airports.

delericho

Legend
1) Game more. The last two years have been something of a dry spell, and that has to change. Fortunately, I think I've set out the groundwork for next year to be better.

2) Either write that 3e-variant I've been noodling about for the last six months, or finally abandon the project as too much work for too little pay off. As it stands, it's an ongoing distraction for no actual benefit.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads