• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My FLGS sold me the Red Box early.

JohnSnow

Hero
Couldn't resist the Epic-level Nostalgia.

Despite having pre-ordered one from Amazon, I went out today and bought one from Games of Berkeley - the same store where I got my FIRST Red Box.

About to crack 'er open...:D

Just picked up the two copies I pre-ordered from my FLGS.

Me too! :D Dug into one copy right in the store, keeping the other shrinkwrapped.

Don't know if this has been mentioned in another of the zillion threads on this but the thing that pleased me the most about the contents was the character sheet.

Single page one sided and not so crowded and intimidating. It's a sheet that a newb could look at and not completely be shut down by overload.
Good job with that sheet WOTC! :D

Eradan

First Post
Me too! :D Dug into one copy right in the store, keeping the other shrinkwrapped.

Don't know if this has been mentioned in another of the zillion threads on this but the thing that pleased me the most about the contents was the character sheet.

Single page one sided and not so crowded and intimidating. It's a sheet that a newb could look at and not completely be shut down by overload.
Good job with that sheet WOTC! :D

Yeah, I like the new sheet as well. Clean, simple, and doesn't look like it was designed by the IRS!

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
I got one as well. The Character Sheet is very nice. I am also impressed with the box itself. Nice, very sturdy and really deep. I'm sure we can fit our Rules Compendium and one or two Players books nicely inside (Hope for all 3) once they are out. Nice handy place to store and carry the game in. Thanks WoTC.

I've not sat and read the books yet, has anyone done a word count on "fun"?

;)

Quickleaf

Legend
Other Realms in Honolulu put it on the shelf yesterday. Picked up a copy for myself and for a friend. What stood out to me are the subtle changes on the DM's side, like the structure of the skill challenge, or the lack of stunned or restrained conditions. I think this box makes DMing the most accesible it has ever been.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads