• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My cat has died and it hurts very much

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
:(

He was a beautiful gray Persian. The most gentle cat I've ever met. So peaceful and loving.
He brought joy to my life for the 9 short years of his in a way not even the cats I grew up with could. He was so sweet.
I can't begin to express how much losing him hurts me.

My mother, too, is devastated. I kept my best cheer when comforting her. Told her how little our pain means compared to the good we did him. (He wouldn't have had a good life otherwise.) And that the next life of such a nice being will most assuredly be wonderful.

I think it helped her a little. But I can't tell her yet how much this tears me up inside for fear of hurting her even more. I'll tell her when her own pain isn't so fresh.

A bottle of Vodka will keep me good company tonight.

-Florian

BSF

Explorer
Darkness,
I'm sorry for you. Don't hit the vodka too hard though. Losing a pet that was well-loved is a hard thing. I have found that it is even harder for those without pets to comprehend. To them, it was "just a cat", but that isn't quite try. He was a friend and a companion that could communicate volumes even though he couldn't speak like another person could. He could help you feel better with his purr and just sitting in your lap. These things are golden and they are the basis of friendship.

So remember the good things, take the wonderful little ways he touched your life with you and mourn the passing of a good friend. Those of us that have had beloved pets feel for you.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I've lost many cats. That hurts, but not as bad when they just "disappear" as to when I see them after they're gone on to the next life. Everything will be fine. Just remember all the good times you had with your kitty and it'll make the pain less. Much less than a bottle of vodka will..... ;)

Greylock

First Post
My deepest condolences, Darkness.

The lovely cat I've shared my life with for thirteen years, man, I can't imagine how I will react when she is gone. I don't even want to think about it. She's happy as a clam tonight, though, and has let me know it several times. See, I bought a new pair of shoes today. Being a guy and all, this is the first new pair I've bought in six years. And damn, but that's a long time for a kitty to go without a brand new shoebox to sit in. She's pleased.

Take it easy.

Jamdin

Explorer
My condolences on the loss of your cat. I still remember the loss of my Siamese cat, Sinbad, so many years ago. May the two meet and swap stories while in a field of catnip.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
My condolences on the passing of your beloved pet, Darkness. Take comfort with the fact that you had 9 years with him and made each other happy and content. Those memories are something that can never be taken from you.

Particle_Man

Explorer
It is sad that we usually outlive our pets. I know I will miss my cats when they are gone.

It looks like you gave your cat a loving home, and that is a blessing. Without such a home the average life expectancy of a cat is two years.

I am sorry for your loss.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads