• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Moving through friends'square and AoO

ShadowMaster

First Post
Usingthe following

[9] = friend number x
M = a large monster (4 squares) with 5 foot reach
x = free square
D = me (D for Dwarf ;))

xxxDxxx
---x---
xx213xx
xxMMxx
xxMMxx
xxxxxxx

Can my dwarf move down one square, down through my 1st friend's square, left through my second's friend sqare and left again to the unoccupied square without provoking an AoO from the lage monster?

My assumption is that passing through an occupied square gives cover, therefore the monster wouldn't get an AoO.

Am I correct?

Thanks

Actually, being behind someone does indeed grant you cover... but that's usually if you're in a different square. I'm not sure about cover while you're in the same square as an ally...

I'd tend to let the monster take his AoO, since moving through an occupied square has to be a little akward, and you're bound to let your guard down, if it's just because you don't want your buddy to accidently poke you in the eye...

AR

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
ShadowMaster said:
Usingthe following

[9] = friend number x
M = a large monster (4 squares) with 5 foot reach
x = free square
D = me (D for Dwarf ;))

xxxDxxx
---x---
xx213xx
xxMMxx
xxMMxx
xxxxxxx

Can my dwarf move down one square, down through my 1st friend's square, left through my second's friend sqare and left again to the unoccupied square without provoking an AoO from the lage monster?

My assumption is that passing through an occupied square gives cover, therefore the monster wouldn't get an AoO.

Am I correct?

Thanks

Nope.

SRD said:
Moving through a Square
Friend: You can move through a square occupied by a friendly character, unless you are charging. When you move through a square occupied by a friendly character, that character doesn’t provide you with cover.

Andargor

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads