• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Powerful Phb Race!

WHO IS THE MOST POWERFUL PHB RACE!

• The Humans

Votes: 71 40.1%
  • The Dwarves

Votes: 49 27.7%
  • The Elves

Votes: 29 16.4%
  • The Gnomes

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • The Half-Elves

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • The Half-Orcs

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • The Halflings

Votes: 15 8.5%

King Wotan

First Post
I voted for human, but halflings are a close second.

Dwarves aren't bad, but a human fighter of the same level will beat a dwarf fighter. And a halfling fighter will probably get a surprise round on the dwarf.

I'm glad you confirmed how bad the half-orcs are. There's no question there, especially since one of their "benefits" is orc blood. The only benefit you get from that is that the party ranger can take you as a favored enemy, and then he can get an orc bane weapon and really start doing damage to you.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
King Wotan said:
I voted for human, but halflings are a close second.

Dwarves aren't bad, but a human fighter of the same level will beat a dwarf fighter. And a halfling fighter will probably get a surprise round on the dwarf.

So how does this one feat and extra maxed out skill help vs. Darkvision, +2 Con, +1 to hit Orcs, +4 AC vs Giants, +2 save vs spells & poison etc. etc.?

And the halfling might get a surprise round in if he maxed out his hide and move silently (as a fighter ?), but in the dark, the halfling would have to bring a torch! That would be pretty hard, hiding while carring a lit torch! HAR HAR!

Rav

graydoom

First Post
Heh... you really should have made the poll so that only one option can be chosen. As it is, you can vote for every race :D.

Terraism

Explorer
MythandLore said:

Cool, I can't wait!
Like I said the other guys system was really complex, well to complex for me to read all the stuff on it, it was .1 this .3 that.(Not that I can find it now - if someone else has a link to it post it)
It seemed like a solid system, I just couldn't really use it.

MythandLore - yup, it was Soladarin. His webpage is here. It has the rules for his system, but, oddly enough, not the breakdowns - on the old boards he'd posted the ECL for every critter from the MM, MoF, and the first CC...

Oh - and I voted for the wonderful dwarves!

MythandLore

First Post
Terraism said:

MythandLore - yup, it was Soladarin. His webpage is here. It has the rules for his system, but, oddly enough, not the breakdowns - on the old boards he'd posted the ECL for every critter from the MM, MoF, and the first CC...

Oh - and I voted for the wonderful dwarves!

Humans are still winning!
Dwarves have pulled out in front for a clear leed over Gnomes!

Sweet, Thank you for posting the link for everyone to use.

A2Z

Explorer
I voted for humans. I think with the release of 3E that they are the most versatile now. The extra feat and skill points are hard to pass up.

MythandLore

First Post
A2Z said:
I voted for humans. I think with the release of 3E that they are the most versatile now. The extra feat and skill points are hard to pass up.

I agree, they are far better then their second edition counterparts.
Elves were the munchkin kings in second edition.

Ycore Rixle

First Post
I voted for humans but I think it's very close between humans and dwarves.

What I don't think is close is the worst race; I think half-orcs are the worst by far.

Dispater

Explorer
Well, I voted humans. Because they are really well off in this edition. Extra feat, extra skillpoints makes them overall the best possible customizable and adaptable race.

Remove ads