• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Morphic armor

So I've started a Gladiator-like character and while he is able (if not proficient) to use anything including improvised weapons he can't exactly carry around tons, literally, of armor and weapons. So the various books give us Morphing/Sizing weapons to make up the 'any weapon' but nothing of the sort for armor.
Any ideas for crafting/having crafted armor of the like? One of my ideas was, maybe, making the Morphing a +2 for armor within the same value of morphing (light medium heavy), other idea was, maybe, armor with polymorph or in extreme case polymorph any object (expensive).
So, yea, ideas please.

Thanks

Looks interesting but the idea is appearance based as much as AC. he is even level monk so the ac isn't really necessary just the idea that he Can use different armor, arm and armor himself to appear as any of a variety of different type of fighter. Otherwise I would forego armor and weapons entirely since my unarmed strike is always going to be better than any weapon I can wield.

captnq

First Post
Well, you can put morphing on a shield (it can shield bash, therefore is a weapon). So the point would be to find a suit of armor that also doubles as a weapon. Armor spikes with morphing could be a justifications, if you used armor that had armor spikes as a default built in.

Shark armor, maybe? Don't have my books.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
If all your looking for is the ability to change the appearance of armor, and not it's stats, then apply the Glamered property. I know the wording specifically states that you change it to look like normal clothing, but beyond that there's nothing saying any limits to what it would look like. Ask your DM if this can be used to make armor look like another style of armor.

That's actually a good idea, even better yet since I have the monk armor ability will ask if can use it on a suit of cloths to make it look like different armor. Thanks

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads