• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monsters and Heroes of the Realms: a Dungeons & Dragons Coloring Book

This came out back towards the end of September. It's a 96-page paperback book filled with illustrations and artwork from the official D&D books, with 16 pages of full-color inspirations. WotC has posted a couple of quick looks inside - a map and the beholder. It seems to me like it would be a decent Christmas gift for a kid (though I understand many adults enjoy colouring in, too!) You may be able to find it in your friendly local game store, or you can grab it from Amazon (US, UK; you can probably find the rest!)

This came out back towards the end of September. It's a 96-page paperback book filled with illustrations and artwork from the official D&D books, with 16 pages of full-color inspirations. WotC has posted a couple of quick looks inside - a map and the beholder. It seems to me like it would be a decent Christmas gift for a kid (though I understand many adults enjoy colouring in, too!) You may be able to find it in your friendly local game store, or you can grab it from Amazon (US, UK; you can probably find the rest!)

Other items coming soon are Dungeonology (a 30-page book in which Volo guides you around the Forgotten Realms) and Volo's Guide to Monsters (a 224-page hardcover with new monsters, playable races, and a deeper dive into some of the more iconic monsters). The three books are obviously aimed at different people; for most D&D players, though, it seems like Volo's Guide to Monsters is a must-buy. You can download the preface of that book for free - a one-page PDF with an intro by Yolo and notes from Elminster.

Going back to Matt Forbeck's Dungeonology, that's part of an "-ology" series of children' books (others include Egyptology, Wizardology, Alienology, and so on). The blog Power Score has scored an early copy and posted a review.

51A-4-ok2kL.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 12.10.07.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 12.10.31.png

Li Shenron

Legend
I am thinking about getting this for my kids for Xmas, but it would be good to know if it contains something too "horror" for 6-7yo... Some of the DMG monsters were a bit too creepy for them (some devils/demons, undead and giants).

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
[MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION], did you see that beholder? Stuff of nightmares. It's not even smiling. And since I doubt today's teens are into crayons and books, this looks like an adult coloring book to me.

Li Shenron

Legend
[MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION], did you see that beholder? Stuff of nightmares. It's not even smiling. And since I doubt today's teens are into crayons and books, this looks like an adult coloring book to me.

Beholders don't scare my kids :) The wacky monsters make them laugh, it's the undead and some other near-humans like the hill and cloud giants which creeped them out.

Zander

Explorer
I could be mistaken but I believe this is the only official D&D book ever published in both English and American. Most have been in American with a few in English, e.g. the 1E Fiend Folio. I don't think we've ever had both before.

Remove ads

Remove ads