• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mongoose art question

Psion

Adventurer
Who is the artist in MGP products that signs their pictures with a mark that looks like a crystal ball stand or, an O over a U over a line? If those are initials, they don't seem to match any of the credited artists. Examples are page 12 of Seas of Blood and pages 8, 9, and 26 of Ships of the Elves. I really appreciate the style.

On a more general note, it would be cool if more publishers could denote illustrators in the margin like WotC does in some of their books.

Psion

Adventurer
Mongoose_Matt said:
Alex will no doubt correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is Philip Renne.

Hmmm... there are some pencils drawings in Ships of the Elves in which you can see Philip Renne's signature. So unless he has two divergant styles and signs each a different way, it seems unlikely.

Psion

Adventurer
Mongoose Alex said:
The artist in question is Danilo Moretti - he also produces the rather nice looking deck plans for us.

Thanks! I pretty much had it narrowed down to him or one other artist assuming that there wasn't a glitch in the credits. (Which has been known to happen with some other publishers.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads