• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Milano's Atlantic City Subs (Dayton, OH)

IamTheTest

First Post
I know there are some Flyers that post here so I beleive that it is my duty to pass on the news. Milano's, a (former) favorite eatery for myself and family (a large amount of Flyers) was recently sold to whomever owns the nearest BW3s. They made a pretty new building and moved into it. It absolutely blows in comparison to the awesome Milanos of yesteryear. Im sorry to bear this news, but its better to hear it from me than to mistake it for its former self.

On a side note, there is a Sub Shop (Hero House) in Wooster, Oh that I have frequented for years that was started by a UD alumni that was inspired by Milano's (former) glory. So if you happen to be in that area check it out.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I have a cousin that lives in Ohio and loves Milano's. I visited him a couple of years back and we ate there. I loved the place. Hearing this really bites. :mad:

fett527

First Post
IamTheTest said:
I know there are some Flyers that post here so I beleive that it is my duty to pass on the news. Milano's, a (former) favorite eatery for myself and family (a large amount of Flyers) was recently sold to whomever owns the nearest BW3s. They made a pretty new building and moved into it. It absolutely blows in comparison to the awesome Milanos of yesteryear. Im sorry to bear this news, but its better to hear it from me than to mistake it for its former self.

On a side note, there is a Sub Shop (Hero House) in Wooster, Oh that I have frequented for years that was started by a UD alumni that was inspired by Milano's (former) glory. So if you happen to be in that area check it out.
Gonna disagree with ya here. This was the best business move they have ever made. The restaurant is nice, clean and big- plenty of seating area. The former place was a dump, small and old, only good for carry-out. I infrequently visited Milano's before they remodeled. I have been there for lunch probably 5-6 times in the past few months. I also haven't noticed a difference in the subs, they taste the same to me, and they have an expanded menu and a full bar.

Plus, the wait staff is pretty hot ESPECIALLY the hostesses. My guess is they were trying to cater to the business professional that will spend $7-$10 on a sit-down lunch while still catering to the carry-out, college crowd (They still have a large carry-out waiting area).

If you want to give it another try from someone else's perspective I'll even buy you lunch. I've got no plans today if you want, but we can plan in advance sometime if you can't make it. I'll be checking the boards frequently this morning.

IamTheTest

First Post
fett, you are absolutely right. The new place is much finer for a more buisness-y crowd. However, they abandoned their 'base'. There are already a bunch of places on Brown St. to eat at for that kind of atmosphere. The beauty of Milano's was that it was for carry out. New York Deli style. They turned it into something that it shouldnt be (in my opinion of course). I hate that they turned a unique staple of Brown St. into another 'high end' sports bar. It just doesnt seem like a good choice. But, to each his own. At least we still have Tanks.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
IamTheTest said:
At least we still have Tanks.

Quoted.
For.
Truth.

"No D.R.A.L.S."
-- sign above the Tanks' jukebox

I'll be in town from the 24th to the 27th. I don't think I'll have time to hang out though. Kinda hard to explain to the family that you need to get away to meet complete and total strangers in a bar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads