• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mass Effect Game - Friday 9am - 1pm ONE SPACE LEFT

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Hi all,

Firstly, let me offer my apologies. I said I would be running an Esoterrorists game earlier in the year when I was much more enthused about it. It's not that I think it's a bad game, but it doesn't suit my GMing style and I didn't have that good a time running it previously. So - game cancelled.

However, in it's place I will be running a MASS EFFECT game, using the Savage Worlds rules. This is a self-written scenario set in the universe of the PC and Xbox games, set around a year before Mass Effect 1 (so no spoilers!). It will NOT feature any characters from the games, but if you've played them it should feel familiar.

I have characters ready made. I have the story worked out. I know the NPC's. I'm not going to be cancelling this one, promise.

Again, sorry for the change but I'd rather run something I'm going to enjoy. No previous expereince of Mass Effect or the Savage Worlds rules required.

Matt.

Player 1: HandofMystra (playing Andy)
Player 2: Sir Brennen
Player 3: Freintime
Player 4: Archon
Player 5:

alt 1:
alt 2:
alt 3:

I'm running an Esoterrorists game at GenCon! Six spaces available.

Esoterrorists is a Robin D. Laws game using the GUMSHOE system. It's a game of investigation, as you seek to uncover the plots of those that would destabilise the very fabric of the world in order to let in unspeakable horrors. I've run this adventure once before at a small Con, and I'll add some more details about it (including pre-gen characters) later in the week.

Piratecat, you said you were interested in this - can you let me know if you can't make this time as I'd absolutely love to have you in the game!

Last edited:

Bubbalicious

First Post
I'm going to be running an Esoterrorists game at GenCon, and I've already got Piratecat down to play in it. :) It'll be for up to six people, but as it's my first time at GenCon I'm wondering when would be a good time to run it / not to run it?

I think the Ennies are on the Friday night, right, so obviously that's out. Any other big events I should avoid scheduling against?

All mornings and afternoons are usually safe to schedule games. There is generally some social gathering most nights, but Thursdays and Saturdays have been pretty safe for games in the past. Wednesday Night (the meet-n-greet), Friday Night (The ENnies), and Sunday Night (the Farewell Dinner) often have games run against the social gatherings, but you will greatly diminish your player pool around here.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I'm going to put this down for Friday morning, 9am - 1pm.

I'll take up to six players, and I've edited the first post in the thread for clarification.

Remove ads