• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Greener is the Grass

Systole

First Post
"Damn," Sylla says, looking at the herd of bison. "We have three options. Go around, go through, or set a fire upwind of the herd and let that clear our way."

"A fire, boss? You think that's a good idea?"

The elf shrugs. "It's part of the natural cycle. Prairies burn, and then they flourish afterwards. The advantage of a prairie fire is that it might flush our quarry as well. And it's not like the fire can do worse to the tracks than the damned bison have."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
After a moment Vincenzo grins ear to ear. He then says to the jungle cat, "Hey Taniwah, are those te buffalo you want Maui to milk for you?"

jbear

First Post
"Ohhh... te buffalo!!! Yes! Taniwha, tonight you drink te buffalo milk!" From the look in Maui's eye it seems fairly obvious that he has forgotten what they are doing there all of a sudden as he ponders just how he is going to milk these buffalo. His hand moves to his magic talking stick ...

[sblock=OOC] Feel free to remind Maui about his purpose here, lest he take us all on a tangent ... [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel clears his throat loudly. "Perhaps on the way back. My understanding was that we are on a bit of a deadline."

[sblock=Denizel, Level 5 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +3, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +6, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 46/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/7
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla watches Maui's hand move toward his wand. "It is likely I will regret saying this, but perhaps the druid could try telling the buffalo to clear the way. We just need to be ready to ride hard in case diplomacy fails,."

jbear

First Post
Maui looks at Vincenzo with a look that says he very much doubts Taniwha will show any sort of patience with regard to his beloved buffalo milk. "I will try." Maui taps himself on the head with the wand and then draws Taniwha aside to have a private conversation which sounds like snarling and growling to the human ear. Taniwha's tail twitches constantly but eventually Maui stands with a sigh and says "Okay. He will be patient but I will have te big problem if afterwards Maui does not get Taniwha te buffalo milk like promise."

Maui then walks down towards the buffalo slowly, hands out by his side. When close enough to be within earshot of the buffalo Maui begins singing. The song is strange to the ear, a deep rumbling which almost sounds like pound hooves or a peal of thunder, but held to a strangely warm rhythm. The first of the buffalo lifts its head.

[sblock=Maui's song]Strong buffalo
Moving mountain
Sweet buffalo
Tumbling river
Moving heard
I have heard proud buffalo
Your heart beats the earth

A dream of thunder proud buffalo
My hands stand empty
No hunter
No hunger
Peace be in your heart
I thank you for all you have given
I ask you to let us quietly past

[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions] Maui will pray for guidance and then try wild empathy after using his wand to speak with animals.
Taniwha stays behind.

Roll: 8 (sigh)[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
A big bull swings its massive head to face Maui when the druid begins singing. It listens until Maui has finished his song then it bellows out its reply.

"No. No move. My grass. I say when bison move; not human."

The bull stamps the ground repeatedly and lowers its head. The meaning is clear: this bull won't budge without a fight.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"uh .. .. .. Maui, What did you tell te buffalo? You didn't ask HIM for permission to get milk, did you?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads