• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Distant Relations

GlassEye

Adventurer
Drevezh'korol's face creaks into something resembling a smile.

"Yoshiki! Greetings. Even in that shrunken state you acted as a true warrior. I am pleased to be traveling with you again."

Drevezh'korol allows Nevilantura to take the trunk from him though because of its weight and bulkiness he'll help the half-elf wrangle it aboard if necessary. The wooden man bows deeply to Nevilantura.

<sylvan>"That someone in this land still honors the spirits gladdens me. I will work to be worthy of that respect."</sylvan> If Nevilantura doesn't understand Drev will repeat his comment in common. Drevezh'korol turns to Quioan. "I have seen the mindless, mechanical, man-things tottering around this city. It is no surprise if you took me for one of them; I was not offended, only making a jest."

The expression that crosses Elenka's face is bafflement, then chagrin as she realizes the import of the half-elf's words.

"Forgive me, Drevezh'korol. You have always protected me but I fear I have taken your presence, a gift of the gods, for granted."

She watches the two board the ship then turns again to the captain.

"Yes, we are expecting another to arrive at any moment."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 3
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +5

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/4 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 29 Current: 29
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand:
Conditions: [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
<sylvan>"That someone in this land still honors the spirits gladdens me. I will work to be worthy of that respect."</sylvan>

[sblock=sylvan]"I'm humbled. To have the chance to speak the ancient spirit-tongue with an ancient spirit!"[/sblock]

Nevil bows again, and insists he has the strength to get the trunk belowdecks by himself. It's probably he may just be too prideful to ask for help from Drev given the half-elf's instant hero-worship.

Captain Renlow for his part does his best to regain his composure after being shown up by his unkempt deckhand, and addresses the people so far gathered.

"We've got some time before we should weigh anchor," he says. "And it's a lenghty trip, in any event; I'm sure we'll make up the time sometime along the river.

"An' you really don't have to worry about embarrassing Parsons. He's a good man, but he's a bit of a blind spot when it comes to recognizing how useful your lot can be. Me, I've no such compunction. So long as you're willing to lend a hand if it comes to it, we'll all get along fine."

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
A smile hovers on Quioan's lips as he recognizes the deckhand's accent; he makes a mental note to raise the issue with the half-elf during their journey. Listening to the captain, his mind begins to drift to the thought of getting some quality study time in during their trip: he's accumulated a few scrolls since his arrival in Venza, and he hoped to use the time on their journey to transcribe a few of them into his scroll book.

[sblock=OOC]Just an update: got everything sorted from Q's previous adventure: 73 XP shy of of level 3. I also made my trip to the Mystic Pearl, which was entirely successful _except_ for the wand of CLW.[/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 3)

Yoshiki thanks Captain Renlow and steps on board. He glances around the Downpour as the others chat in a language he doesn't understand.

[sblock=ooc]GlassEye: Thanks, I'll give that a try...[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 17 Touch 17 Flatfooted 12
HP: 22/22
CMB: +7 CMD: 19 Fort: +3 Reflex: +7 Will: +5 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows
Conditions in Effect: none
Speed: 40 ft
Elemental Fist: 3/3 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/0 remaining
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Just an update: got everything sorted from Q's previous adventure: 73 XP shy of of level 3. I also made my trip to the Mystic Pearl, which was entirely successful _except_ for the wand of CLW.[/sblock]

GM: Qik, I should be able to take care of both problems shortly, once we're underway. I saw [MENTION=100541]toasterferret[/MENTION] post Anna's departure from the Inn. He mentioned the Pearl there, but doesn't look like he's made it there (or here) yet. Of course, the site's been down for me for the last several hours, so it's possible he's having similar problems.

Yoshiki thanks Captain Renlow and steps on board. He glances around the Downpour as the others chat in a language he doesn't understand.

The Downpour is fairly unassuming. A rectangular barge, 60 feet long and 20 feet wide, it's clearly been around a while, but it's well-kept despite its age. There's little to see on the deck other than the railings, the wheel, and the ladder-stair up which Nevil is now returning to the deck and a second entrance further forward to what you assume is the cargo hold.

Qik

First Post
OOC: Sounds good, jk.

Quioan makes his way over to Nevil, and greets the half-elf in their shared tongue.

[sblock=Elven]"I couldn't help but notice that you have a Jiragan accent, Nevil. How long have you been in the East?"[/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 3)

While the others continue chatting in yet another language he doesn't know, Yo strolls along the outer railing and heads aft. When he reaches the ladder heading down to the hold, he heads down to take a look and drop off his stuff, finding where he'll be sleeping for this long journey.

His sleeping spot found, he heads back up. Finding a spot out of the way and overlooking the water, he sits down, crosses his legs, closes his eyes, and begins to meditate.

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 17 Touch 17 Flatfooted 12
HP: 22/22
CMB: +7 CMD: 19 Fort: +3 Reflex: +7 Will: +5 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 3/3 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/0 remaining
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Quioan makes his way over to Nevil, and greets the half-elf in their shared tongue.

[sblock=Elven]"I couldn't help but notice that you have a Jiragan accent, Nevil. How long have you been in the East?"[/sblock]

Nevil raises an eyebrow, then responds to Quioan:

[sblock=elven]"You've met another soul from home? I know full well I am not the only one, but wanderers to this side are of uncommon stock. All your esoterica, and this odd fascination with the unsightly habit you call 'cleanliness.' Why the lot of you haven't been devoured by the wild yet continues to amaze me."[/sblock]

Captain Renlow crosses his arms and frowns at the exchange.

"You'll never learn the common tongue if you keep using that other nonsense as a crutch, Nevil," he says testily.

"Is twisting and bad for destr... descrab ... is bad for telling about things, city-folk speak," Nevil objects, but he bows his head and returns to his work, carrying on the last of the cargo.

While the others continue chatting in yet another language he doesn't know, Yo strolls along the outer railing and heads aft. When he reaches the ladder heading down to the hold, he heads down to take a look and drop off his stuff, finding where he'll be sleeping for this long journey.

The single cabin takes up the back third of the barge. It has enough cots for all, and as Renlow indicated, two of the cots have a curtain pulled across them for the privacy of the female party members. There is also a simple stove, and a sizable pantry with what looks like enough provisions to last a large segment of the journey to Martna.

Qik

First Post
As the half-elf sullenly returns to duty, Quioan makes a mental note to continue the conversation at another time. In common, in order to not irritate the captain or the others. Without much else to do but wait, he also decides to stow his gear down below, although he keeps his bow and a quiver of arrows on hand (old habits die hard). After having a look around the small but sufficient quarters which will serve as home during their journey (which Quioan discovers is an enjoyable prospect - he'd spent virtually no time on boats in his 120 years, so the notion of living on one for a few weeks is a pleasing one), the elf returns above deck, deciding to get to know his traveling companions a little better. Finding Elenka, he says, "So, have you been doing this sort of work for long?"

OOC: Should we worry about toasterferret yet?

jkason

First Post
OOC: Should we worry about toasterferret yet?

GM: I know I had a lot of trouble getting on for most of yesterday, guessing I might not be the only one, so I thought I'd give him the rest of today if you guys are okay settling in. I don't have the map ready for the random-leveling-Quioan encounter, since I'd planned on that happening 'on the road,' as it were. If we haven't heard from Anna by tonight / tomorrow when I have that ready, I'll throw the encounter at the three of you to give you something to do while we look for a replacement.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads