• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Distant Relations

Qik

First Post
Quioan laughs at Yo's comment. "I know - slippery little fellows. Happens to the best of us." With that, he points his wand at the man and issues its command, all the while admiring how the group handled their first bout of real combat together.
OOC: Nice - two perfect cure rolls.
[sblock=Stats]
Quioan Scorchsong
HP: 24/24
AC: 17 (Touch: 15, Flat-footed: 12)
CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Ref: +8, Will: +3
Perception: +9
Spells:
- 0: Light, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound
- 1: Mage Armor, Gravity Bow, Shield
Bonded Item: Unused
Consumables: Wand of CLW (23 charges)[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka shakes her head at Quioan's offer of healing.

"No, thank you. A day or two of rest and I shall be fine. Save the magic for an emergency."

She frowns and glares at Drevezh'korol unhappy with the minor amount of healing her spell did and casts another spell of healing upon him.

[sblock=Actions]
Elenka
Move --
Standard rejuvenate eidolon, lesser 1d10+3=6 1d10+3=5

Drevezh'korol
Standard [/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 3
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 23 Current: 18
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +5

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 0/4 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand:
Conditions:[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Yoshiki works efficiently, stripping the bodies, and soon has a small pile of gear in the center of the deck: armor, shields, swords, crossbows, as well as two flasks of alchemists fire per halfling. They also each carried some kind of potion, though Yoshiki himself hasn't the training to identify the substance of them. And, on the pirate who threatened Elenka and Anna, a plain-looking key. Three of the four halflings are rolled over the side and into the Ouhm to feed its denizens.

Meanwhile, Quioan darts about belowdecks on the raiding ship, his sharp eyes none too impressed. The ship is in poor condition, and most of what they have on board seems to be the cast offs of past raids. No doubt the more expensive booty might be back in whatever camp the halflings call home. If they decide to scuttle the boat as Renlow recommends, the elf doesn't imagine it will take much effort.

He does find a small lockbox in the cabin of the ship which seems promising. Unsurprisingly, when he returns to The Downpour, the key Yoshiki found fits the lock. Inside is a bag with a respectable amount of coin, a small charm shaped like a feather, and a map which appears to show the position of the pirate's main encampment.

"Gulls and trout, that's likely worth more than anything else ya found on those sods," Renlow says. "You get that to the militia station in Martna, they've got a standin' bounty of 500 gold for information on where these rats are hiding out!

"But enough of the rooting around. I don't like sitting still with a big pirate calling card clamped to our side. Scuttle that thing and let's be on our way. Martna's not but a few hours away."

Indeed, as the rain seems to be finally clearing, you can see the twinkle of lights in the distance.

[sblock=details] Each Halfling carries the following (so you have these x4):

* Longsword
* Light crossbow
* Leather Armor
* Heavy Steel Shield
* 2 flasks alchemist's fire
* 1 unidentified potion

The lockbox contains the following:

* 13 pp, 28 gp, and 16 sp,
* a map of the area marking the main encampment of the raiders: Renlow's already told you this will fetch you the 500 gp reward in Martna for 'information leading to capture…'
* A small feather-shaped charm[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
"Aye, aye, Captain," responds Quioan to the atypical dwarf's command to scuttle the ship; the elf gives an exceedingly uncharacteristic giggle at his use of the phrase as he sets off to ready the pirate ship for its final voyage.

After that chore is complete, Quioan sits down with the items they've collected to see if any of them are magic.
[sblock=OOC]I'll cast detect magic on the potion and the charm. Taking 10 on Spellcraft nets me 18; I'll roll in case that's not enough.

Edit: Hah! Very funny die roller.[/sblock] [sblock=Stats]
Quioan Scorchsong
Spells:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Quioan]The four potions each glow with the same healing magics, and Qik easily recognizes the aura as that of a basic curative potion.

There's more conjuration magic on the charm. Activating the magics would appear to create a mooring point for a water-born vessel.

GM: 4 potions of cure light wounds, and a feather token (anchor).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Looking up from the pile of items he's inspecting, Quioan calls out to no one in particular, "We have a few curing potions here, which will surely be helpful." Turning to the dwarven captain, he adds, "Captain Renlow - this here charm allows one to conjure up an anchor for a single day's time. Might you have use of it?"

OOC: Obviously, if anyone wants to keep that 50 gp, jump in, but it's the kind of thing that seems to make more sense in his hands than ours, and I thought it'd be a nice gesture for him ferrying us so far.

jkason

First Post
Quioan's work is quickly done. The boarding hooks removed and a few quick smashes to the lower hull and the pirate vessel starts to take on water. The elf hustles back above deck and jumps the gap as The Downpour turns away from the sinking vessel. As the front tips vertical, the rain finally stops, and the moonlight turns up a tick as the clouds begin to break. The captain finally relaxes a bit.

Renlow laughs. "Could have used it just now!" he chuckles at Quioan's offer. "Nevil! Up here and take the wheel a minute!". The western half-elf quickly complies, and Renlow tromps below, coming back up with a heavy satchel of coin.

"I've had my share of those in the past. They go for 50 gold, so's only fair. Can't go taking gifts from the folk who kept my livelihood out of pirate hands, after all," he says. He kicks at the pile of armor and weapons and adds, "Be willing to buy this mess off you if you don't have use for it, too. Don't imagine you'd do well keeping a low profile in Martna if you marched down the streets with a pile of pirate arms to sell, but I've got a few folks I can sell these to."

GM: As above, whatever gear you don't want to take with, you can sell to Renlow for purchase price.

Qik

First Post
Quioan nods his head. "Your generosity is much appreciated, as is your stewardship for our journey. I could make use of some of these," he says, picking up two vials of alchemist's fire, "but otherwise, you're welcome to the lot. And you're right - I don't expect making our way into the city with a pile full of arms is the correct recipe for avoiding unwanted attention."

OOC: Quioan will take two vials of alchemist's fire, as well as one of the CLW potions (and more if someone else isn't interested).
[sblock=Stats]
Quioan Scorchsong
Spells:

deisenhut

First Post
OOC: Yoshiki will take one of the CLW potions as well.

"Won't look too good walking in with a halfling prisoner either. We should wake this one up for questioning before we reach our destination." Yoshiki moves to pick up the limp and bound halfling and beings slapping the little man across the face. "Anyone have a bucket of seawater?"

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 17 Touch 17 Flatfooted 12
HP: 22/22
CMB: +7 CMD: 19 Fort: +3 Reflex: +7 Will: +5 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 1/3 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/0 remaining
Additional Gear: 1 CLW Potion
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
If there is one to spare Elenka will take one of the curing potions and also two of the flasks of alchemists fire.

"We appreciate your aid in maintaining a little discretion, Captain. Calling attention to ourselves the first day in port probably wouldn't be a good idea."

She scowls, obviously uncertain what to do with the remaining halfling pirate.

[sblock=Actions]
Elenka
Move --
Standard --

Drevezh'korol
Standard --[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 3
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 23 Current: 18
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +5

In Hand: terbutje
Spells:
1st level: 0/4 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 29 Current: 28
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand:
Conditions:[/sblock]

Remove ads