• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Allbright's Shadow

jbear

First Post
"Kutholiam, what would we need to do to open the gate? How many people are needed, and are there any special mechanisms we should be aware of if indeed we do try and let the army enter?" asks Relic. From the wizard's tone it is clear that he is hesitant to make such a play for the gate, at least without more information from someone in the know.

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Well, one would need to raise the portculus, and lower the draw bridge. Both of those can be operated from the gate house, one you have force your way in there." He moves over to the door to peek out, then returns. "I can't really see from here if the drawbridge is down or not. If it isn't, then the moat is going to be troublesome for the army to pass through. It is filled with cold iron spear and other traps."

"Give me a minute here." He goes into the closet and finds paper and pen, and starts sketching. He takes more than a minute, but when done, he has drawn a relatively good map of the keep. "There, that should make it a bit easier to understand." Taking another look outside, the creatures that seem to be manning the wall look bored. They are many of them, hovering around at their posts, but not really interested as to what is beyond the wall. "That looks like a whole lot of critters just waiting for a fight."

[/section]
[sblock=Map]
castle1.jpg
[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: [sblock]Are we still in the area that teleportation is blocked, or have we made it beyond that yet?[/sblock]

Sylvain stat block: [sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)

Initiative: [/sblock]
[sblock]+9
AC: 17 (15 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 98/98
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +9 Reflex: +10 Will: +111
Perception: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Hexes: ( DC 23) Misfortune, Healing, Fortune, Flight, Slumber, Cackle, Evil Eye, Retribution, Ice Tomb
Spells Per Day
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Stabilize
1st Level: Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Ill Omen (DC 20), Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp
2nd Level: Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Glitterdust (DC 21) (x2), Hold Person (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web
3rd Level: Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20) (x2), Heroism (x2), Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
4th Level: Black Tentacles, Confusion (DC 23), Dimension Door, Wall of Ice
5th Level: Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24), Teleport (x2)
6th Level: Flesh to Stone (DC 23), Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
^means spell is used for the day.

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yes, Teleportation is still blocked, but the air occasionally shimmers slightly and you feel that it might be breaking down. If timed right, or lucky, someone might be able to teleport, or some other dimensional travel. If the gate these demons are coming through is not shut down by then, the world can easily be overrun with demons.[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"I have two Teleportation spells prepared that might be able to take at least a portion of us across the way. I'd need three to take some of us, come back, and then take the rest of us. And it would take some luck to even do that, I'm afraid. I guess that is not going to be an answer. Any other ideas," Syl asks hopefully.

Sylvain stat block: [sblock]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvain_Marana_(Gerald007)

Initiative: [/sblock]
[sblock]+9
AC: 17 (15 Flat-Footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 98/98
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +9 Reflex: +10 Will: +111
Perception: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Hexes: ( DC 23) Misfortune, Healing, Fortune, Flight, Slumber, Cackle, Evil Eye, Retribution, Ice Tomb
Spells Per Day
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Stabilize
1st Level: Burning Hands (DC 18), Charm Person (DC 20), Enlarge Person, Ill Omen (DC 20), Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp
2nd Level: Flaming Sphere (DC 19), Glitterdust (DC 21) (x2), Hold Person (DC 21), Vomit Swarm, Web
3rd Level: Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 20) (x2), Heroism (x2), Stinking Cloud (DC 20)
4th Level: Black Tentacles, Confusion (DC 23), Dimension Door, Wall of Ice
5th Level: Baleful Polymorph (DC 22), Feeblemind (DC 24), Teleport (x2)
6th Level: Flesh to Stone (DC 23), Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
^means spell is used for the day.

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury feels that rising tide of adrenaline and excitement that indicates something is going to happen and soon. But his experience keeps him from rushing off on a whim like he would have done in his younger years (not that they were that far back).

"Now, hold on a minute," he begins, holding up a restraining hand. "Our mission is to restore this device, is it not? Oh, don't get me wrong; I'd love to let in a swarm of paladins to do some demon-bashing but if it gets us killed, and it very well might by the looks of things out there, then a lot more is in trouble than just us." Fury turns to Kutholiam. "Forgive my faulty memory but that fog rattled my brain-box: the device is in the keep? And we need to get through the gate the other way or over the wall to get there? I just need to square things away before any decisions are made." He looks like he might have other questions but he waits for Kutholiam (or anyone else who remembers the answers) to speak up.

fwmu.jpg

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=Actions/OOC]--[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats (not updated)][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 10 / Bard 2
Initiative: +9 Perception: +15

AC: 25 (18 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 108 Current: 108
CMB: +10 CMD: 28 Fort: +5 Ref: +18 Will: +7

In Hand: rapier & dagger
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift
Special:
Winged Boots 1/3 remaining.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Yes. We got to fix the device. It would be great if we could open the gate and let the paladin army in, but restoring the power of the Demonscope is our top priority. It will stop the flood of creatures from coming into our dimension. The device is under the keep in the lower dungeon levels."

"Yes. The draw bridge is east through a lot of resistance, and we need to go west and north. If we are sneaky, there may not be as much resistance, as they should be gathering for the fight at the drawbridge. It will be rough rocks to climb going the straight and not following the road. Expect resistance at the inner gate as well. If we have enough fliers, we may be able to skip the gate by getting over the inner wall somewhere else."
[/section]

[sblock=Map]
castle1.jpg
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric peeked through the doorway, keeping an eye on the situation as they discussed things.

“Well, I don't fly or sneak very well. But if the teleportation works for some of us and the rest flying can get there without breaching the western gate, then it sounds like our mages need to come up with a good distraction to draw attention away from us when we go.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +18
AC: 31 (26 w/out shield, 28(23w/out shield) flat-footed, 14 Touch) Barskin -> 32 now
HP: 127 Current: 123
CMB: +17 CMD: 31 (33 vs. Disarm/ 35 vs. Trip) Fort: +13 Reflex: +9 Will: +8 (+11 vs. Fear) +10 Reflex
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-4/+8Dmg), Combat Expertise (-4/+4AC), Lunge, Heroism (+2 Att/SVs/Skills), Mind-shielded, Darkvision, Barkskin, Bless

Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Gauntlet (RH), Shield (LH), Holy Flail (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury & Elenka

Fury nods in agreement with Borric. "Yes, distraction and stealth is what's needed here now." He smiles a feral grin. "So we can get them with the dagger in the back; much more effective than trying to stand toe-to-toe and wrestle 'em down. As fun as that might be." His last comment is directed towards Daylily. "So, wizards and such, any ideas?"

Elenka frowns and she mentally reviews her arsenal. Reluctantly she shakes her head. "Few of my magics are so subtle and any creature I might summon would be torn apart before it could provide any meaningful distraction, I fear."

fwmu.jpg

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=Actions/OOC]--[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats (not updated)][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 10 / Bard 2
Initiative: +9 Perception: +15

AC: 25 (18 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 108 Current: 108
CMB: +10 CMD: 28 Fort: +5 Ref: +18 Will: +7

In Hand: rapier & dagger
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift
Special:
Winged Boots 1/3 remaining.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra thinks for a minute before reaching into his backpack, and pulling out a bag. Rustling through it for a second, he pulls out 3 round objects, wrapped carefully together. "Well, I am not sure how effective they would be over this large of an area, but I have 3 thunder stones that might work as a small distraction. Loud noises tend to be quite easily noticed in open areas, since the sound will travel quite well. We toss them to force all the creatures to look one way, and we sneak around the other. Or to the top of the keep, if we need to."

"We can also use them as an ambush set up if we need to. Lure them to a focus point and kill them before they can get away. Most useful tool, these are."

Looking back at the map from Kutholiam, Aradra seems to be deep in thought, trying to determine a best way to get to the top of the tower.

Shadow, meanwhile, wanders over to where the body of the Quasit was, sniffing it in interest.
[sblock=OOC]
Nothing says distraction like a thunder clap.

Also, I don't trust that Quasit. Shadow is going to grab it's scent just in case.
[/sblock][sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 26 (19 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 121/121
CMB: +15 CMD: 31
Fort: +10 Reflex: +15 Will: +7 + 2(IW)
Perception: +21
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: +16 (hits Twice)/+16/+11/+6 (1d8+11)
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim/Endless Ammo (from Bow); Woodland Stride ; Evasion; Clustered Shots; Falcon's Aim (+3 Perception & 19-20 /x3);Longstrider (16 hours);

On Crit: Target makes DC 23 Fort Save. If Failed, Staggered 1d4+1; Else Staggered 1

Used Items:
19 taps CLW wand

Adaptation: 100/130 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth, Climb 15, Swim 15)

Level 1 Spells: Feather Step, Gravity Bow, Longstrider, BLANK
Level 2 Spells: Barkskin (+4), Wind Wall, BLANK
Level 3 Spells: Greater Magic Fang
Level 4 Spells:
Extend Rod: 1/3 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: Casted Mage Armor on Shadow
Negate Crit: 1/1
Haste: 7/10
Fly (CL 5): 1/1
Potion of See Invisibility(Loan from Daylily): 0/1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 24 + 4 (22 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 124/125
CMB: +16 + 1 CMD: 29 (33 vs Trip)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +21
Initiative: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+17 / +9 1d8 + 21 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (De-activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent, Magic Fang Greater (+2) (16 hours), Mage Armor +4 (10 hours);
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads