• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOTR Movie Soundtrack wasnt that good...

Eryx

First Post
It is a great soundtrack but without the movie images in front of you, it can lack something. The Flight from Moria (whatever it's called) music is brilliant but when I sat in the cinema watching that scene with the heroes fleeing the Balrog, the music just sent shivers down my spine.

Listen to it a few times, and it will grow on you.

Neo

Explorer
I have to say i disagree totally, i loved the LOTR soundtrack, it fit the film it's mood and it's scenes perfectly...

It is one of the few soundtracks that has ever inspired me the moment the film is over to head for the nearest store and buy a copy..and thats just what i did.

the subtle drums providing the sense that sauron and the evil were always there just out of sight, just ion the background, the soft tones and lifting music.. beautiful i LOVED it.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Sorry you didn't like it. During the movie, it gave me chills in Mordor, made me feel welcome in the Shire, forboding in Moria and awe at the Watchers. It roused me during battle, made me contemplative in councial and rejoiced me in celebration.

In short, like mousferatu, I couldn't disagree more. Such is the realm of personal taste.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Haven't actually seen the movie, but there is a nice trance remix of the Enya song on the soundtrack, the 'Novacane' remix. Dunno if it was done officially or much about it, but if you can track down a copy, it's nice.

GreyOne

Explorer
I too loved the soundtrack except for one piece. It seemed to crop up now and again and was sort of an uplifting piece. During the movie the part that stands out is where Frodo and Aragorn ride the crumbling stair down to the section that's still firm and attached. After they jump across, there's this uplifting swell of triumph to the music which grated on my nerves for some reason.

My favourite music from the movie was the part just before this, with the boom boom boom as they get to the stairway. My next favourite is the sad section after they get out of Moria and they react to what's happened to Gandalf.

...sniff....

brings a tear to my eye even thinking about it.

...sniff.

Trousers

First Post
Chanting & The Bridge at Kazad-dhun

While, I understand the disappointment with the majority of the soundtrack I really did find the almost dwarven sounding chants during "The Bridge at Kazad-dhun" chilling.

Does anyone know of another piece of music with this kind of chanting? I would love to hear just a whole disc of it, but it's tough to track down a chant CD that doesn't put you to sleep...

since I live next to a studio I was thinking of recording one just for the hell of it!

NiTessine

Explorer
I loved that soundtrack. I can see no trace of any cheesiness...
The music fit the movie, and I wouldn't even have noticed it if I hadn't bought the soundtrack CD.

Rashak Mani

First Post
The Moria part with the Dwarven language chanting is also the part I liked the most. But in the soundtrack CD it lasts so little... which goes to show that in the cinema we certainly lose track of time.

In another thread someone posted this site:

http://users.cnmnetwork.com/~hiestand/

You can read about how the Conan soundtrack was made and hear the soundtrack as well... which I didnt know two versions existed... one with 16 tracks and the other 12. There are some video parts too... lots of cut scenes from the film... Neat site.

Ziggurat

First Post
Trousers: the Moria soundtrack with the dwarven chant was made with an all-Maori male choir. I have no idea if there are any others available.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads