• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a good fantasy city (d20)

dead

Explorer
I'm running 3E era Forgotten Realms and made up a fictional city inbetween Waterdeep and Neverwinter. It's called Stormport. At the moment, I've kept the details fairly vague for the players but wanted to flesh it out more. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any cool city supplements out there for port cities? 3E d20 system is preferable.

Below are some products I've found on the web:

- Bards Gate (Necromancer)
- City State of the Invincible Overlord (Necromancer)
- Freeport (Green Ronin)

P.S. I wanted to avoid Paizo products for my FR game as I hope to run a game set in Golarion one day.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Last edited:

Thanael

Explorer
Freeport is certainly a port but it's also a pirate town on an island.

Other d20 city supplements:
Ptolus (it's huge and it's a port iirc)
Five Fingers Ports of Deceit (also a pirate port but for Iron Kingdoms, so steam-punky)
Castle Whiterock (town/city around a castle/dungein, Goodman games)
Bluffside
Mithril City of Golem (Scarred Lands)
Shelzar City of Sin (Scarred Lands)
Hollowfaust City of Necromancers (Scarred Lands, a city of undead and necromancers)
Streets of Silver
The Great City by 0one games (they have a whole urban line about this)

Though they are adventures, Lost City of Barakus & Grey Citadel do a pretty decent job of describing cities.

See also this favorite city supplement thread

In the thread above several good system neutral city supplements are mentioned too.

Last edited:

Obergnom

First Post
I have and do use Bard's Gate. It replaces the village Ashabenford in my Forgotten Realms campaign and it is the defacto capital city of the dale lands region. I never liked the dales not having a single big city. It is a natural fit for the dales.

I love Bard's Gate and so does the rest of my group. It works really well in the realms, but I think it might be a bit to similar to Waterdeep in style and it is not a coastal city.

dead

Explorer
Thanks, folks. I like the sound of The Great City by 0onegames. The maps and support looks great and it's a walled, port city with a harbour like I'd pictured :)

Can The Great City be purchased as a physical book or is it just a pdf product?

Treebore

First Post
Lost City of Barakus has a great medium sized port city called Endome that is a great base line to use to further flesh things out, and the supporting materials within the book will give you lots of great ideas to bring the place to life.

Thanks, folks. I like the sound of The Great City by 0onegames. The maps and support looks great and it's a walled, port city with a harbour like I'd pictured :)

Can The Great City be purchased as a physical book or is it just a pdf product?
It can be purchased as a physical book, because I did. I think I got it print-on-demand at Lulu but not 100% sure.

The Great City - Campaign Setting by Mario Barbati in Games

Remove ads