[Living Pathfinder]The Green Faerie

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=Ta]
The gondolier seems honest enough. Clearly he's seen Maschera, and he's willing to take you. He's just looking for a high-tipping fare.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alnar]
Maschera is as honest as can be, frightened by her particular situation, and wants to be able to trust you. Her incantations are strange, but you do recognize a Dancing Lights spell in there.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Markas]
I didn't want you to feel left out.
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
With a nod from his druid, the big cat steps gingerly into the narrow watercraft causing it to sway violently, sitting right in the middle to stabalize it for the others. Willow jumps in without the boat so much as sending a quiver across the canal's surface.

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 16 (T15, FF13), HP 21/21, F +5,R+5,W+5, CMB +5, CMD 17

Nathan looks to the others for objection, taking special care to note if Ta shows any unease in the gondalier. If he sees none, he nods pleasantly, saying "That would be quite welcome."

"I think this honest man wants some payment besides your thanks..."
Ta suggets to Nathan.

[sblock=ooc]

What do you normally pay for this service?

Ta-Am-Ath

gained: 2 potions of mage armor, 60 gp
lost: 10pp, 1 potion of mage armor.

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer (celestial)

"I think this honest man wants some payment besides your thanks..."
Ta suggets to Nathan.

"Oh, but that's a given!" Nathan says with a wide smile. He pats his full belt pouch, which jangles cooperatively. He reaches in and flips the gondalier a gold piece. "Just so you know we're honest, how about we pay half up front?"

OOC: SRD has a coach cab running 3cp a mile. I figure gondolas in a river city would be similar? So Nathan's overpaying, but that's kind of the point. :)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The gondolier beams. "Fine with me! Hop in, I'll make it quick!"

He rows down the canals, chatting all along the way. "Sure, when you get a looker like that in your boat, you take her where she wants to go! ... A lot of us find the big folk a little intimidating, but not me, nosiree ... You know what they say, when you go halfsies, you go all the way, har har!"

Just around the corner, he presents the spot. "There, watched her go into that cathedral! Rather odd, no one uses it anymore, the place is falling apart on the inside."

3792115817_e366f1c45d.jpg

An old cathedral to Cortesia.

"There you have it! Get off safely, and remember me if you need a fast ride!"

[sblock=Alnar]
For speed's sake, could you please roll 2d20?
[/sblock]

[sblock=photo credit]
Photo by Oliver Wald.
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=GM]
"This magic should offer you some protection. Please, promise to protect me, and I'll promise to protect you." She reaches her hand outward toward Alnar.
Don't worry, I will keep you safe. Alnar says taking her hand. He was still not sure if she could be trusted, but he was not going to leave her here. That would be very unheroic, or something.

Come on, lets try to find our way out of here, preferably away from the Orcs. Any ideas where we should head? he says.

Rolls 9+12=21[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=Alnar]
Maschera gently holds Alnar's hand. Her chanting melts into a sweet, lingering song. Alnar feels the song strike a chord deep within his soul, a sense of love, beauty, and faith washing over him. Alnar looks into Maschera's eyes. She has never seemed so beautiful before, and she was so gorgeous even then. All sense of trepidation leaves Alnar's body, replaced with the strength and conviction of love.

"There! That wasn't so bad, now, was it?" Maschera asks. "I was afraid you'd refuse my generosity. But now we'll be able to go down into the darkness together, and the orcs won't bother us. They'll listen to me, don't worry. And don't forget, protect me and I'll protect you. Because I am the reason you're here. I am Maschera."

Maschera's hair and skin appear to sublimate, vaporize before Alnar's eyes. Her fingers appear to lengthen, her facial bones angle and shift, and her eyes and ears grow and point. The body and face of Abzienta, the elf from earlier, stand before Alnar.

"No, don't worry. I never attacked you, never caused you harm. The orcs won't harm you when you're with me. Just stay close, stay nonviolent, stay a good little boy, and you'll have everything you came in with soon enough. I must say, you've been excellent to rehearse with. I'll need to work a little more on my technique, thank you. Oh, and be a good sport around Kazzag, won't you? She'll be just as upset with me for stealing her plaything back."

Abzienta wrinkles her nose with a devilish grin. "Now let's go get your things, shall we?"

OOC: Alnar has been Charmed by Abzienta. But don't forget that you're still ultimately in control.

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

He rows down the canals, chatting all along the way. "Sure, when you get a looker like that in your boat, you take her where she wants to go! ... A lot of us find the big folk a little intimidating, but not me, nosiree ... You know what they say, when you go halfsies, you go all the way, har har!"

"Big folk .. halfsie..?" Nathan looks to the others to see if they've come to the same conclusion. "Maschera was with half-orcs, and they came here?"

The sorcerer closes his eyes a moment and swears silently. "Lesson learned." He opens his eyes and sets his jaw as the group lands. He flips the gondalier the second promised coin and nods his thanks. "Out thanks. You've been a great help."

Nathan pulls out a scroll then, reading it until it crumbles into dust. The dust motes swirl about him, shimmering a moment, then disappear. "Okay, then. I think we know it won't be pleasant in there, yes, folks?"

OOC: using a Mage Armor scroll

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas readies his shield but keeps his sword in it's sheathe. "Think maybe this time someone should watch our backs." he states letting the others go ahead of him.

OOC: New stats "yea!" AC:19, HP:26

Remove ads