• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blog (A5E) Level Up: Works In Progress

Here’s a quick glance at some of the nearly completed parts of the Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition core rulebook! Awesome layout by Frank Michienzi. Art from Claudio Pozas and Shen Fei. Writing from a diverse team of awesome D&D experts.

Here’s a quick glance at some of the nearly completed parts of the Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition core rulebook! Awesome layout by Frank Michienzi. Art from Claudio Pozas and Shen Fei. Writing from a diverse team of awesome D&D experts.

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 8.24.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 8.27.33 PM.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I would not put culture traits that overlap with class traits, feels like losing out either in class features or culture features.

I'm talking about Rapid escape from cirkusfolk. Maybe add some option to take instead of Disengage as bonus action so it does not overlap with rogues cunning action. Proficiency in Acrobatics or Sleight of hand would be nice option or Performance
Bit late in the day for that. This playtest package was 5 months ago. These are previews now. ;)

Horwath

Legend
Bit late in the day for that. This playtest package was 5 months ago. These are previews now. ;)
Well, it's not that you are going to print tomorrow?

Or are you? :D

But, it's just an opinion that you should not overlap features from ancestry/culture/background/class.
Or if they do overlap, write up some little table what can be exchanged for what. Like Tasha's. But better ;)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I see what you did with the Kech - it's not so much that it's a type of bugbear, it's just a good example of how you can "refluff" a monster's stat-block to become something completely different with just a few small tweaks. I do this kind of thing all the time in my games. A fight I'm running here on ENWorld has a few tougher orcs that are really just the "Thug" stat-block with the Aggressive Trait.

This kind of thing should inspire people to greatness, and make the same monster manual twice as useful! Way to go.

This project looks really promising to me, but I think the usability could be improved a lot by adding vertical tabs in the margins to separate chapters/sections instead of merely changing the name of the chapter/section.

A careful tab design would allow to locate easily each chapter/section even without opening the book, just looking at the front edge, and it would make the reading more rewarding.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Critical failure: Amputate Toe.

"How did you do that? The patient had a head cold!"

Seriously, these look really interesting!

I can't help but notice that this says pages 612-613. Wow! Looks like I'll be getting my money's worth out of these guys.

Remove ads

Remove ads