• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's talk Virtual Tabletops!

Thomas Shey

Legend
As far as I can tell, there's no specific tool built in to draw arcs or semi-circles.

I do see some modules that might be useful in helping with that. Note: this is an area that I am not very experienced in, since I've only started using the drawing tools in the last week. The Foundry Discord would know a lot more.

I was just curious; normally when I do my own maps I do them with Fractal Mapper and import them, but there've been a few cases when I needed to do something on the fly with Maptool and its one of the few areas where I'm--not impressed.

I used MapTool on a LAN for my last decade of F2F gaming, and for the last three years I use Roll20 with Discord audio.

Roll20's simple and reliable interface, excellent fog of war, and continual upgrades make it the best for the buck IMO. Any jpg can be a map, there is a vast amount of shared (free) pogs and artwork for it, and the games it supports expand nearly daily. I seldom encounter online players who are not familiar with the system.

That was precisely the problem we had (and I was that random person, in our case). Like I said, went to Roll20 tech support and they basically gave up after some basic troubleshooting. (They claimed they'd look at the issue long-term, but that was months ago.)
I think they finally fixed this, as it was a constant issue for my group and then the problem suddenly disappeared about a month or two ago.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Wildshape VTT is a 3d one, that hasn't been updated in over a year. The Dev says more is coming, but I have doubts.

RPG stories is a 3d VTT that I might try soon.

Scenegrinder is a 3d VTT that comes recommended, but I haven't tried yet .

I've played with a few others, but game masterr engine doesn't work on Mac, and one of my players has that, do I have stopped testing it.

darjr

I crit!
Sly Flourish has this great idea where he sets up Dwarven Forge and takes a photo of it at an angle and then crops it so he can use it in Owlbear Rodeo.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Mirrorscape is a 3d VTT that uses virtual fat dragon and dwarven forge and reaper terrain and minis. It looks like talespire, but everything is a micro transaction.... So it's really expensive, imo. I have the free version...

I still use Discord with Roll20. Its constantly reliable, and it has to be open anyway, because we have a lot of important information on our server. Plus private messages are coinvent.

Remove ads